Complaint Review: Home Remedy Solutions

• Updated: Thu, July 03, 2014

• Reported By: Jana75 — Staten Island New York
Home Remedy Solutions
4500 Campus Drive Suite 430 Newport Beach, California USA

Home Remedy Solutions Remedy SolutionsSecured ProcessingNational Remedy Center This company promised to modify my mortgage; scammed me out of $1500. Newport Beach California

*General Comment: FILE COMPLAINT WITH CALIFORNIA STATE BAR ON ATTORNEY ANDREW DUFF WEISS FOR REFND

*Consumer Suggestion: Take action

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: hi jana... i am a housing counsler do you want speak

I responded to a mailer from Home Remedy Solutions and spoke with David Lewis (949)242 0128. He stated that this company was a FannieMae approved home mortgage modification program, a third party that would work on my behalf with my lender to restructure my loan for a much lower interest rate. After faxing initial documents (pay stubs, tax returns, bank statements, mortgage statements) he told me that I qualified for restructuring my loan. I did go through a process online with Home Remedy Solutions with electronic signatures to sign off on a contract. At first he said that a lawyer would go through the contract with me, but then he got back on the line and said that the lawyer wasn't available, would it be ok for him to do it.  I agreed and we went through the contract and I signed off on it electronically. He stated that a copy of the contract would be sent to me for my records (which was never done). David stated that the lawyers’ fees would be $4000, not to send in my July mortgage payment because we would be proceeding quickly with the restructure and once this processor got the information, Suntrust would be notified of the modification and I would not need to make mortgage payments until the modification went through at the new low rate (2 - 2.5%). The information would be forwarded to the processing department for the next phase and the whole process from start to completion of modification would take 7-10 business days. I told him I could not afford to pay $4000 up front and could only pay partial.  He referred me over to the payment center that would set up a payment plan.  He also stated that because of the partial payment, the process would take longer (apporx 30-45 days) than if I had paid the $4000 up front. I spoke to Darlene (949)303 1420 who set me up with a payment of $1500, the balance would be due 8/2 to proceed with the modification.  I paid with a personal check on 7/12/13 and FedEx picked it up at my house. I was then contacted by Lindsay Paulson from the Secured Processing department.  She emailed me documents to be filled out and faxed back with additional required up-to-date documents. The list of documents required is identical to the required documents listed on the Makinghomesaffordable.gov website and the packet documents had the makinghomesaffordable logo. I promptly filled out and faxed back the required information 7/22/13. As of Monday 7/29/13, I hadn't heard from Lindsay and July 31st deadline for July mortgage payment was approaching.  I made multiple attempts to contact her via email, voicemail and leaving messages through the service center. On 7/31 I called David Lewis, my initial contact, to get some direction as to whether or not to submit the July mortgage payment to prevent my account from being delinquent.  After multiple calls to him, he answered the phone: stated that I didn't have to make my payment for July because once the modification went through, the delinquent payments would be null & void but if I wanted to make the payment, I could. A red flag went up for me when we were disconnected 4 times during our call. He was telling me that in the computer everything was showing that all documents were in order and it would be going to the senior processor, not to worry. Meanwhile, it sounded like he was talking to me from outside. When I told him that being disconnected was making me nervous he chalked it up to problems with their phone services.  When he answered the phone initially, he didn't introduce himself or say the company name. He said he would forward my complaint re: unable to reach Lindsay/lack of communication to 2 "administrators" Ms.Gomez & Ms.Mahr, who I haven't heard from yet. Finally, on 7/31 @ approx. 6pm EST I received a call from Lindsay.  She stated that she hadn't received any of my messages, all paperwork looks good and a Senior Processor would be contacting me in 7-10 business days to move forward with the process. After I speak with the Senior Processor, it would take 120 days for the process to be complete. I told her that that wasn't what was initially explained to me.  I asked about the July payment and after I mentioned that I know that it was a requirement by FannieMae not to have delinquent payments posted (with certain refi) she vaguely told me that if I could afford the payment to make it. I made the July payment and it was posted to my account 7/31/13.

Even though I had previously researched the company, I decided to go back online and research some more. This is when I found multiple complaints lodged against Home Remedy Solutions aka Remedy Solutions aka Secured Processing. I also found the FTC MARS ruling and at this moment, I knew I had been scammed. I promptly emailed Lindsay Paulson and stated that I was discontinuing my process of loan modification with them citing the FTC MARS ruling and asked for a refund of the $1500.  I recieved a reply from a Michael Antonio (a name that I never heard)stating that I signed off on the contract for services rendered and the refund was denied. I asked for the copy of the contract for my records and for review but I did not receive a response.

I contacted the HOPE hotline and set up an appointment with a HUD counselor.  They instructed me to report the scam. On 8/1/13 I contacted and filed complaint with FTC.

8/1/13: I filed a complaint with the NYS Attorney General's  office who has reached out to Home Remedy Solutions with no response as of yet. I received an envelope in the mail from "National Remedy Center" containing the original 2nd attempt letter submitted to Home Remedy Solutions by the NYS Attorney General's office.  The attached complaint response form was blank. I do not understand what the Remedy Center's intention was by mailing me the NYS AG's letter and I spoke with the NYS AG's office to inform them of the envelope.  Since NYS AG's office is unable to contact Home Remedy Center, they are unable to assist me any further.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Remedy-Solutions/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Home-Remedy-Solutions-Remedy-SolutionsSecured-ProcessingNational-Remedy-Center-This-compa-1097020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Remedy Solutions

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: DAVID AFFELD - ()

There is a special fund with the California State Bar Association to refund money fraud lawyer ANDREW D WEISS conned people out of.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Take action

AUTHOR: ACA.org - ()

Jana, I'm also a victim of Home Remedy's scam. I'm a member of a non-profit 501c3 and we are trying to take legal action  against Home Remedy. Please send me an email if you would like to have more information. Please keep in mind that no fees are required for this process.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

hi jana... i am a housing counsler do you want speak

AUTHOR: FBI - ()

jana what happened... i heard about this scam place..

call me or i can email you i am a bank of america ex employee reading your article..

i do mods and am an Aplus on the bbb rating

let me know what happend