• Report: #1119806

• Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: MR002211 — Langhorne Pennsylvania
Home Service Network
49 Commerce Road Carlstadt, New Jersey USA

Home Service Network Charged me without providing any service Carlstadt New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: They did a great job for me.

I had a damaged Samsung TV, a 60-in LED.  It was physical damaged and I knew it would not be covered by warranty but I wanted to find out how much to fix the issue.  I contacted Samsung's chat support and explained the situation, again stating that I didn't expect warranty coverage I just want it fixed.  Samsung said I need to open a support ticket.

I opened a ticket and was contacted by Cindy Miller from Home Service Network in Huntington Valley, PA.  We didn't connect the first time so I left a message saying my TV has physical damage I know it's not warranty but I'd like an estimate.  We finally talked on the phone and I explained the same thing.  She said a tech would have to come out and see the TV.

The tech showed up and literally spent all of 5 minutes at my house.  He took two pictures of the TV and said someone would contact me in 1-2 days with information.  He charged by $64 for this "service" and left.

I never heard from anyone again.  A week went by and nothing.  I called and left 3 voicemail messages for Cindy.  No returned calls.  I tried sending emails to the contact information on the e-recepit and the technician's business card.  Big surprise both came back as undeliverable.  Another week goes by and still nothing.  At this point I want my money back because no service has been rendered.

I go through several layers of Samsung support people and they finally tell me that only HSN can refund my money.  They get Cindy on the phone and she refuses to refund the money because in her estimation service was performed.  Does this sound like service to you?  Show up for 5 minutes, take my money and never contact me.  They are just a bunch of filthy crooks.

Do yourself a favor and never buy Samsung products!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 05:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Service-Network/Carlstadt-New-Jersey-07072/Home-Service-Network-Charged-me-without-providing-any-service-Carlstadt-New-Jersey-1119806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Service Network

They did a great job for me.

AUTHOR: BSis2 - ()

Within a week of calling Samsung, Home Service Network was out.  I had explained exactly what happened to my Samsung 60 inch HD...a loud click and then it went dead.  Based on that info, the tech brought out an internal power supply. Sure enough that was the problem and within 30 minutes our TV was working again.

Yes, the service was expensive.  But frankly, for a house call, and immediate satisfaction, plus in comparison to the original cost do the Tv, I thought it was fair.  Cindy was courteous and efficient, as was the gentleman that serviced the set.  I'm sorry someone else had a bad experience.  I was advised in advance what the cost of the call would be and that it was possible they could diagnose but not repair the set.  I don't know what else one would expect of them.