Complaint Review: home team movers

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: bob — west palm beach Florida
home team movers
2700 west cypress creek rd ft lauderdale, fl USA

home team movers first call movers HOME TEAM MOVERS IN FL IS REALLY FIRST CALL MOVERS FT LAUDERDALE FL FLORIDA

*Consumer Comment: I am not a competitor but an actual customer

*Consumer Comment: Home Team Movers and First Call Movers = SCAM

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: this is a fraudulent report

it is hard to believe that th dot has not shut down this scamming moving co . they are now going by the name of home team movers but are really first call movers in ft lauderdale fl . they recently were on good morning america saying this is the worst moving scam co ever reported . please check them out online , they have hundres of complaints .if will make me to sick to tell you my story but in short they cost me a new job and a marriage  !! i am currently sueing them and my atty promises criminal charges are pending !! do yourself a favor and just go away from home team movers " really first call movers "

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2013 02:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/home-team-movers/-ft-lauderdale-fl-33309/home-team-movers-first-call-movers-HOME-TEAM-MOVERS-IN-FL-IS-REALLY-FIRST-CALL-MOVERS-FT-1080999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on home team movers

I am not a competitor but an actual customer

AUTHOR: RJC325 - ()

I contacted Home Team Movers about a quote for my move from Alabama to Arizona. I was quoted a price of 1600.00 total and so I thought there was no way I could rent a Uhaul and do the move myself for that price. What a MISTAKE. I was told by AJ, one of the customer service agents that my move would be way less expensive if Home Team Movers did it so I agreed, afterall, who wouldn't for the price quoted. I was told that my move would be divided in to 3 payments. A deposit of 600.00, second payment for 430.00 when movers arrived and then third payment of around 800.00 when movers delivered my belongings to Arizona, all this included free storage as well. For starters, Home Team Movers DO NOT move you, they contact a carrier with a different company. What Home Team Movers quotes is no way close to what the carrier company price is. The total for my move will be close to 3000.00 after I pay 1801.00 for the third payment once my stuff is delivered. I was charged 400.00 for packing material when Ihad packed, boxed and wrapped my own stuff. The first carrier company scheduled did not have room on their truck on the day of my scheduled move so another carrier company had to be located and scheduled a day later. The only way I knew this was when I was waiting for the movers to show up on the day of the scheduled move and no one showed up, no one called. I had to call Home Team Movers towards the end of the day only to be told the situation with the carrier. Then the fraudlant quote. This whole move has been a disaster. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HOME TEAM MOVERS of Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Home Team Movers and First Call Movers = SCAM

AUTHOR: Rod Walker - ()

Home Team Movers and First Call Movers are dishonest and the most unprofessional company in the country. They adverstise theire services as moving company and they're not..!!!! they are brokers..go to  https://www.protectyourmove.gov/ and search their names, you'll see they are the same SCAM company

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

this is a fraudulent report

AUTHOR: First Call Movers - ()

Our investigation concludes this report is fraudulent and we suspect it was posted by a competitor.  We have no record of a customer whose move fits the facts mentioned in this report.