Complaint Review: HomeImprovementReferrals.com

• Reported By: BVIP — wylie Texas
HomeImprovementReferrals.com
309 S. 4th Street, Suite 412, Columbus, OH 43215 Columbus, Ohio USA

HomeImprovementReferrals.com Fake Leads/Bogus Leads/Scam Columbus Ohio

*Author of original report: update to lead issues

*UPDATE Employee: Home Improvement Referrals.com

*Author of original report: Update to Lead issues

HomeImprovementReferrals.com

Signed up and within 3 days I had 13 leads.  All leads were listed within the zip codes I requested. Within a few hours of receiving each lead, I called and left messages, or tried to speak with the homeowner.  I also emailed each consumer to introduce my company, and let them know that I had attempted to leave a msg. for them.

Every lead is also called by an automated system from HomeImprovementReferrals.com  They call 7-10 times and email you each time with the result of the call, in an attempt to transfer you directly with the consumer.

Every lead resulted in a non-answered phone number or answering machine.  6 of the 13 leads were noted as "bad" and credited for future "good leads" while the rest were not credited after 30 days, dispite my individual emails for each to be credited, and their in-house policy to credit bad leads if the automated phone calls do not result in a contact with the consumer.

Every email provided with the client info. was also sent back as undeliverable, with a mailer-daemon saying the email address did not exist.

It is my assumption that the lead information was gererated with the client phone number and address, which is easy to get online, while the associated email addresses are not.

I asked for a refund, and they said they would replace the leads with good leads, but that the chrages were non-refundable. After I said I would dispute the charges, they said they would review and get back to me within 48 hours.

In my opinion, this company is not legitimate.  While is appears that they are a spin-off of another company that has sucessfully used this auto-mated follow-up call technology, the leads they are generating are not legitimate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomeImprovementReferralscom/Columbus-Ohio-43215/HomeImprovementReferralscom-Fake-LeadsBogus-LeadsScam-Columbus-Ohio-1067518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomeImprovementReferrals.com

update to lead issues

AUTHOR: BVIP - ()

Next 4 leads were exactly the same. Got 3 bogus email address, where all emails to the address were returned, 1 email response saying they were not interested, and 1 physical address that did not exist.

No phone calls to the numbers provided were ever answered.

Home Improvement Referrals.com

AUTHOR: Shawna - ()

We have worked extensively with this customer with regards to his lead quality issues, and have refunded his deposit in the amount of $250.00. Per an agreement reached with the customer we are going to provide him $250.00 worth of valid leads. As is our company policy we replace 100% of bad leads that our contractors receive and have a system in place to make this process as quick and efficient as possible. We are dedicated to providing all of our customers high quality leads that will turn into estimates and job opportunities.

Shawna

Customer Service Supervisor

Home Improvement Referrals.com

Update to Lead issues

AUTHOR: BVIP - ()

HomeImprovementReferrals.com has contacted me and has refunded my initial $250 deposit.  I have also agreed to accept the other $250 in new leads.  They assured me that these would be legitimate leads.  I will update this post once the new leads are received.