Complaint Review: Homeland Healthcare

• Updated: Tue, January 07, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous —
Homeland Healthcare
825 Market Street, Suite 300 Allen, Texas USA

Homeland Healthcare AWA Advantage SCAM company. Takes money does not provide coverage they promise! Allen Texas

I started looking for private insurance in September 2013 and a referral service company took my information and based on my inforamtion and referred me to Homeland Healthcare aka AWA Advantage aka AWA Primecare ASP. The sales rep that sold me the policy was "Lauren". She and I had several days of conversations to review the policy in detail and what it would and would not cover. I have pre-existing conditions so I wanted to make sure that I was fully covered. I am a note taker/keeper and I jotted down every thing she told me. She told me that the policy she had selected for me, based on my criteria, would cost me $164/mo plus a one time $99 enrollment fee. For that I would have FULL COVERAGE. NO deductable. NO co-pay. NO out of pocket expenses. She went on and on about how GREAT the program was for people "just like me". The only costs I would incur had to do with the perscription plan. I was on the 10-20-40 plan, which, according to "Lauren" meant that I would only pay $10, $20, or $40 for each of my medicines. She also told me that I would have a $100 deductible on ER visits but that everything else would be covered 100% guaranteed!

Shortly after signing up for the plan, I ended up in the hospital. I was admitted through the ER, but was covered under my old insurance for the first couple of days. A few weeks later I started getting the hospital bills. WOW. AWA Primecare ASP covered a few ($11.33) of a $6,250 bill. More and more bills came in from the hospital stay and other doctor's visits and the same thing was happening. Just a few dollars was being covered. Never more than $20 on any bill. Then I went to the pharmacy to get my perscription filled. I had three to pick up that day. Combined they were almost $900. I left them at the pharmacy and returned home and called to speak to "Lauren". Of course she was not available so I spoke to someone in customer service. I explained how I was told by "Lauren" exactly what the plan would entail and none of it was happening. The customer service rep appologized  and told me that she must have "mis-spoke". I also told her that Lauren was supposed to send me a packet in the mail with all of my information and reviewing the plan benefits, (of which I have yet to receive other than an ID card).  I was told that none of my medicines fell under the 10-20-40 program, so I was forced to find a separate perscription program as I take several medications that are very costly.

I called again to speak to Lauren a few days later and could never reach her. I spoke to her assistant and asked why my hospital bills were not covered. She informed me that I was admitted under the ER. I explained that I was admitted in the ER under a different insurance for one and secondly that Lauren had explicidly told me that ALL ER visits were covered with the exception of a $100 deductible. Her assistant told me she would check with Laurne and get back to me. I never heard back from her. I tried calling for days but just got shuffled around.

More bills have come in and it has been the same thing. I have tried to contact them and I just get pushed from one person to another. I leave messages and noone calls me back. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE! Their sales people will tell you ANYTHING to sell you a policy and when you have a problem they will NOT try to help you. They do NOT make any effort to follow up with messages. F- in my opinion!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2014 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeland-Healthcare-/Allen-Texas-75013/Homeland-Healthcare-AWA-Advantage-SCAM-company-Takes-money-does-not-provide-coverage-th-1113674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeland Healthcare