Complaint Review: Homeowners Assistance Foundation of America Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, August 07, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, May 20, 2014

• Reported By: J Smart — Ft lauderdale Florida
Homeowners Assistance Foundation of America Inc.
555 Round Rock Dr # E-203 Round Roc, Texas USA

Homeowners Assistance Foundation of America Inc. Nick Murphy, Paul Higgs, WWW.HA-FA.ORG Scam, Fraud, Cheat, Scumbags, Modification, Foreclosure Defense, Mortgage, Loan, loan mod, loan modification Round Roc Texas

*Consumer Comment: "Great Experience"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Very satisfied customer

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I would call that slander, before you report someone you may want to be correct on your facts.

*General Comment: Response to defamatory allegations.

*Consumer Comment: I think you might be confused

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Customer of Ha-Fa

*Consumer Comment: I am shocked

So this co called me and stated they could do a loan modification for me. Once I stated I had a law firm that I hired already they said they were going to look up my file. Then told me my house had sold and that i had been scammed. i freaked out. They said for 7000 they could fix it all. I called my lawyer who I had paid already at which time they called my lender with me on the phone. My house had not sold and i did not even have a sale date. So i did some more research on Homeowners Assistance Foundation of America Inc. WWW.HA-FA.ORG.

I did a reverse look and found out that this company did a name change from Law Office of Patrick Long,  Law Offices of Gordon Hardin dba Home Relief Foundation. Man page after page of scams. Dont trust these guys. They are all on coke and pills. They take your money to get high. Run. Run. Run...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeowners-Assistance-Foundation-of-America-Inc/Round-Roc-Texas-78681/Homeowners-Assistance-Foundation-of-America-Inc-Nick-Murphy-Paul-Higgs-WWWHA-FAORG-S-1073794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeowners Assistance Foundation of America Inc.

"Great Experience"

AUTHOR: Tracie Michaels - ()

They were professional company. They did everything they sad they would do we are grateful for the service.They saved our home. They realy cared about us and saving our home.I dont know what this other company or person is saying but its lies, Call them talk to them you will see!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Very satisfied customer

AUTHOR: Qdog235 - ()

I just want to start by saying I cannot begin to say how that report about these guys is really crazy. My experience with Terry,nick,and Paul have nothing but great they walk me thur the whole process of getting modified with no problems at all they kept me updated every step of the Way And made me start with a very small down payment and didn't ask about the rest the entire way until they got me approved for a modification. They exceeded my expirations and I can't be happier with homeowners assistant foundation  of a America. The only way I can put it is if anyone could get you modified they could.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Ms. P - ()

Ok put me on a soap box. First off I want to introduce myself. I am a single mother of two and own my own business in my home. I have worked hard all my life and have done everything in my power to be strong on my own. My credit and home have always been very important to me. With all that said, I am one of the most skeptical people in this world, there is "No Good To Be True".

When I started to have trouble with income and then making my bills I was afraid to not only lose my house but that would also mean lose my job. I went on line and looked into a loan Modification. I had tried twice before, once with a company in LA that took my money and did nothing and then on my own. Both times failed. I then was even more skeptical. I received a call from Homeowners Assistance Foundation of America and had a long conversation with Nick Murphy.

I wanted him to know that I was no fool and I had heard it all before, yaya. He sent me information via email. I then proceeded to call all 27 of his references. I not once had any of them tell me they were unhappy. The company did what they said they would do. Not once was money taken until it was final. I did a lot of research on them and came to the conclusion that I was going to trust this company, I had nothing to lose only hopefully gain. They gave me almost daily updates and Nick and Paul and Terry at times even counseled  me on my fears. I have to say as all the others I talked to "They did what they said they would do".

Ok so back to the review I just read on this company. I have to laugh at the immaturity and unprofessional way this person has posted this stab at Homeowners Assistance. I am always amazed at how someone can take there thoughts and post such slander. I call it slander because the anger in the writing is so immature with the things they said. Who talks like that but someone who is acting like a child because they did not get their way. There are better ways to have a tantrum then trying to take a part a hard working company.
The reason I am writing this is because I want to make sure that if anyone is looking into using this company that they will also read mine and make the right choice. If Nick says he can do it, believe him. What do you have to lose?

Debbie Pieracci-Fugate
Santa Cruz, CA

P.S. If you do some looking into the aligation you will see that the information was about the wrong company. Know your facts before you try to hurt someone. Karma can really suck.

#4 General Comment

Response to defamatory allegations.

AUTHOR: William S - ()

I am a client of Homeowners Assistance Foundation of America. Their handling of my application for modification of a mortgage was exemplary. Each representative with whom I dealt was open, candid and extremely careful.

They made no promises upon which they did not deliver. The modification of my mortgage they achieved, which was seriously delinquent, far exceeded my expectations.

The ripoff report obviously was produced with malice and with the intent of damaging the reputation and the business of Homeowners Assistance Foundation.

Their assertions “ Man page after page of scams. Dont trust these guys. They are all on coke and pills. They take your money to get high. Run. Run. Run...” are false, defamatory and libelous.

Where are the pages and pages of scams? How could the writer possibly know that anyone at Homeowners Association Foundation was a user of " coke coke and pills ".  Anyone who publishes such patently vicious , malicious and  unprovable allegations should be held to answer in damages in a court of law .

I think you might be confused

AUTHOR: K&P - ()

HAFA DID WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD.  They stayed on top of the loan modification process, communicated with us all the way through the process, made certain we got our information into them so they could package it in just the right way to ensure that IndyMac/OneWest couldn't deny our loan modification AND they did not make any promises they didn't keep.  HAFA GOT OUR LOAN MODIFICATION.  We went through the trial period and are making our way.

In reading your ripoff report about HAFA, I am very surprised because the team at HAFA did not operate in the manner you depicted with us.  If you are honestly in a bad mortgage situation, I can really empathize with you because we too were desperate and almost without hope of saving our home.

Let me explain about our experience with the HAFA team.  They did contact us and told us "they were ex-IndyMac/OneWest underwriters and knew how to work with IndyMac/OneWest to help people save their homes."  Immediately I was seeing red flags because we too had gone to a law firm previously ... We also stupidly and desperately paid lots of money to this law firm and they did nothing except made things worse.  In fact the law firm that told us they could help us is being investigated for fraud; and because of them, we ended up filing for bankruptcy.

Anyhow, I did not trust the HAFA representative, but we had tried a couple of times to work with IndyMac/OneWest and they put up obstacle after obstacle and shut us down a couple of times because of delays they caused; and HAFA was our last chance because we weren't getting anywhere with the mortgage company.

HAFA DID WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD.  HAFA GOT OUR LOAN MODIFICATION.

This is the truth and I sincerely wish all those other homeowners in a tough situation a better tomorrow.  But I have to be absolutely clear...  The Homeowners Assistance Foundation of America (HAFA) saved our home for us.

Satisfied Customer of Ha-Fa

AUTHOR: Minnesota Attorney - ()

I worked with Ha-Fa this summer to help modify my mortgage.  Although I am a licensed attorney, I was unable to successfully modify my mortgage on my own, which I had attempted to do on my own before I worked with Ha-Fa.  Nick Murphy was extremely patient with me and I am happy to report that I had a great experience with Ha-Fa and that my mortgage was successfully modified.  I am not sure what may have happened with the individual who filed this complaint; however, it is very different than what I have experienced with Ha-Fa.  Nick and Terry have been quite helpful throughout the process and have demonstrated their knowledge of the mortgage industry throughout our multiple conversations.  Please do your own independent research of Ha-Fa before necessarily believing this report that was recently filed.  I can attest that I had a positive and successful experience working with Ha-Fa.

I am shocked

AUTHOR: Ms. Virginia - ()

This is odd, because I was in a terrible divorce and received the same call. This company assist me with a modification within 2 or or 3 months that I had been trying to get for over one year.  At one time, I had faxed the same document 18 times to my mortgage company only to be request again from them.  Another thing I find odd about this report is the company did not receive payment until after my modification was approved.  So, when I was told that Homeowners could help me, I had nothing to lose, because if they did not get my modification approved, I would not have paid.

I find this report the total oppsite to my experience, I just wonder what really happened. Hope this do not stop other that need assistance for getting it.  I really want to know what really, really happened with this case.