Complaint Review: Homesite Insurance company of the Midwest

• Updated: Mon, February 14, 2011

• Reported By: Celia — Juliette Georgia United States of America
Homesite Insurance company of the Midwest
99 Bedford St. Boston, Massachusetts United States of America

Homesite Insurance company of the Midwest Progressive Home Advantage Ripped me Off and Decieved with lying information Boston, Massachusetts

I have paid my home insurance premium to this company for over two years. I have never had a claim until recently. I had a rider on my insurance for my computer because I spent a little extra money on it for possible business training later on. It was a Mac and it got struck by lighting. (which was covered) when I put the claim in they said that they would give me the replacement cost of it for apprx 2169.00. I have a 1000 deductible which they took out and left me with 1169.00- They said they had to HOLD back the 1100 and would just send me the 69.00 until I showed that I either got the repair done or purchased a new computer- I should send in my receipt and they would send me the rest of the money they were holding. I went and purchased a less expensive MAC because I could not afford the more expensive one. When I  sent him the receipt he said he got it and would be sending me the check. A week later I got a 202.00 check. I called and asked him where was the 1000.oo check he said he was holding and he said because I got a cheaper computer The only allowed a percentage of my claim.
Now I have been paying this premium for way over a year! They have made much more than the 1000. they are holding back from me.
Plus he never said I had to spend any certain amount to get my money back. Why else do you have insurance for? That claim money is my money not theirs that is why I pay them every month!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homesite-Insurance-company-of-the-Midwest/Boston-Massachusetts-02111-2217/Homesite-Insurance-company-of-the-Midwest-Progressive-Home-Advantage-Ripped-me-Off-and-Dec-695277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homesite Insurance company of the Midwest