Complaint Review: Homestretch Greyhouds

• Reported By: Richard — Malibu California United States of America
Homestretch Greyhouds
P.O. Box 1079 Fillmore, California United States of America

Homestretch Greyhouds Barbara Davenport Stole my dogs Fillmore, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dogs didn't belong to this person.

Homestretch Greyhounds took in my two dogs, which were removed from my house without my knowledge and authorization by a dog walker hired to walk and feed them during my brief absence on a personal emergency. The dogs were mutilated (broken leg, unauthorized neutering) and offered for "adoption". When I found out where my dogs were and immediately notified Barbara Davenport (rude and abusive personality) of Homestretch that they took in and harmed perfectly home-bound dogs stolen from my house and offered them for adoption illegally and demanded my dogs back she denied to give me my dogs back. She then promptly removed my dogs from her website and I have no clue where they went. Ever since Homestretch and Davenport are not responding to my calls or written communications. I'm getting the law enforcement involved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2009 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homestretch-Greyhouds/Fillmore-California-93016/Homestretch-Greyhouds-Barbara-Davenport-Stole-my-dogs-Fillmore-California-536574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homestretch Greyhouds

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dogs didn't belong to this person.

AUTHOR: Robert Smith - (USA)

Homestretch Greyhound Rescue & Adoption was originally contacted by this person when he inquired about adopting the two dogs in question. Upon being informed that Homestretch would not be adopting the dogs to him, since his main residence is in Florida and Homestretch is based in Southern California, he became argumentative.

He indicated that he didnt understand why we wouldnt adopt the dogs to him. He was informed that Homestretch only does local adoptions (primarily Ventura, Santa Barbara counties) and will most assuredly not adopt out to the state of Florida. Not only is the distance too great, but more importantly, Florida is home to the active dog tracks in the nation. Therefore, the last thing rescues in that state need are more greyhounds entering the state to take up adoptive homes. The man was encouraged to contact rescue groups in Florida, as there are countless dogs in need of homes already in that state.

At this point he changed his story to claim that the dogs were already his! He claimed that we had mutilated his valuable AKS (did he mean AKC??) dogs by neutering them, so they would not be able to have the show careers he apparently intended for them. At no time has this person provided any records showing he previously owned the dogs.

Homestretch has signed relinquishment agreements, witnesses and correspondence to refute the mans claims. In fact, we have knowledge that the dogs had originally came from another California 501c3 rescue. As such, under California law they should have already been neutered. Though the dogs are not ex-racers, they were not AKC or AKS (sic.) registered.

Homestretch goes to great lengths to insure the health and safety of the greyhounds in its care. The two dogs mentioned have been adopted are living happily (and neuteredly) in their forever homes.