Complaint Review: Homeview Contractors, Inc

• Submitted: Mon, April 16, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: Dave — Frederick Maryland United States of America
Homeview Contractors, Inc
1217-1219 Greenwood Road Pikesville, MD Pikesville, Maryland United States of America

Homeview Contractors, Inc Took Our Deposit and Ran Pikesville, Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: sorry

*Consumer Comment: This company is awful!

*Consumer Comment: HomeView complaint is true

*UPDATE Employee: False Report

My wife and I had used them in the past for window installation and were satisfied, however when they recently pressured us into having foam insulation installed in our attic, all hell broke loose.

We made a deposit, cash, for the installation because they had "promised" such a quick turnaround. I took time off from work to supervise the installation and waited. They called to say their truck broke down and would have to reschedule.

Weeks went by before a sales manager called and told us they needed to take pictures of the attic first (then why did they schedule the 1st appointment?) he came out took the pictures and we rescheduled.

On the day of installation I took another day off and waited. They never showed, never called.

Weeks later they call again not even apologizing but aggressively trying to get me to continue waiting on them and that it was too cold to install the insulation anyway (again if they knew it was too cold why schedule the installation). My wife spoke with them to get our money back and they told us that they would refund it and the check was in the mail.

A few weeks they call again saying they we can't get our money back because they have 6 months to do the job.

The funniest part was they got angry with ME because I was not happy with their service and wanted my money back. Interesting customer relations.

They gave us a discount for our time and we rescheduled. I took another day off work to wait and then not surprisingly, no show again. I want my deposit back.

Do not use these guys they just take YOUR money and run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2012 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homeview-Contractors-Inc/Pikesville-Maryland-/Homeview-Contractors-Inc-Took-Our-Deposit-and-Ran-Pikesville-Maryland-869385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homeview Contractors, Inc

sorry

AUTHOR: hommer3 - ()

I have worked for Homeview contractors for almost ten years. We do millions of dollars worth of home inprovements every year. We have close to 80,000 previous customers over the last 47 years in business. Sometimes, but rarley someone can drop the ball?  Our products are not made in heaven by angles but in factories by workers! But if there is a problem we  fix it every single time! I have thousands of customers over the last 10 years and every one is more then happy! Over 90% of our customers return and purchase other products from us!

This company is awful!

AUTHOR: J. Randle - (United States of America)

Dear Stuart,

You do indeed work for a company that would do such things.  I have left you numerous calls regarding the progress of your investigation into the matter regarding our rebate, from work done back in July of 2012, that was owed to us from Homeview through Potomac Edison (WV) and yet I haven't heard back from you in weeks.  Homeview's customer service is very poor and lacks professionalism.

Sincerely,
J. Randle (I'm sure you recognize the name)

HomeView complaint is true

AUTHOR: MD Homeowner - (United States of America)

The original complaint toward Homeview is a true complaint and is one that is posted many times on many review places about them.  See this link as example. http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15240052380/homeview-contractors-inc-pikesville-2  And Stuart IS an employee.  But he is one of the people who give Homeview a bad reputation. He rarely gets back with people.  We are due a rebate Through the program they have with BGE.  We have called many many times and Staurt is terrible at getting back with us. And all we have heard is excuses.  We have left multiple messages with the secretary who has been rude.  Of course, I can't blame the secretary for being irritated having to take so many calls from people who are upset.  This company is very suspect and I will never do business with them again and I make sure I continue to put the word out through friends, family, and facebook that anyone who needs something done with their house.  Stay away from Homeview.  They are not to be trusted.

False Report

AUTHOR: StuartR - (United States of America)

I would never work for a company that treated a customer this way.  Many other companies use sites like this to file false complaints to try and tarnish our reputation which has been stellar since the company began in 1967.