Honest 1 Auto Care.
I called on April 27, brought the car in on April 28 and left it there. Next day, Saturday, April 29, at 3pm I call them only to find out the mechanic who can do adjustments is not in.
1. Didnt they know this on Friday?
2. Or at least to call me on Saturday morning?
When I picked up the car on Saturday, April 29, I asked if the mechanic would be in next Saturdayhe said yes, for sure. I told him I would bring the car next Saturday. They said it was an old car and there were no guarantees, but they would try. The cost would be $39-$72. If it does not pass, they said they would only do one more adjustment for free.
3. I took it to DEQ on May 3 the results were way worse.
4. Brought the car in again May 5th in the evening, by 2 pm, next day, they still had not looked at it. They close at 4pm on Saturdays, but they told me the car would be done. I picked up the car, paid, and took it to the DEQ on May 10. The results were worse, again.
5. On May 11, I called them about it and brought the car in the evening. Merlyn picked up the next day May12, took it to the DEQ and the results were worse yet.
I called them again Toni answered the phone and was not very friendly. He said he had adjusted it to what it was before, and I said no, it was worse. He said to me that he told me that it was an old car, no guarantees, and that I insisted they service it.
6. (How could I force them to do this? If they did not have a qualified mechanic who could do this work, they just had to tell me the first time I called. The only reason I went to them is that they are open on Saturdays and I would not have to take time off from work.) I told the person that I expected it to get better he said he made it run better after the first adjustment. I told him that it would die about 7-8 times before I got out of the driveway. He said that every time a car is taken to the DEQ the results are different. I said that they shouldn t be that different, not from 420 to over 1,300. I told him that I was out $72.00 and 3 weeks of delays.
7. In a raised voice, he said that I was interrupting him if I continue, he would hang up. I asked him why he was screaming at me and when would be my turn to speak? I told him that I would call the Better Business Bureau and he asked what did I want? Why did he speak to me this way?
I said another attempt at adjusting it and he said I should bring it by Saturday, May13, so I did. He said that the motor was leaking oil and burning it, so it was going in the exhaust and that is why the car wasn t passing DEQ, so I would need a gasket replaced.
I took the car to DEQ again--it did not pass.
This person was extremely rude and unprofessional to me. I felt he treated me like I was a piece of garbage.
Instead, I went to another mechanic and without an appointment, it was ready in less than one day they had to replace the catalytic converter. The car passed DEQ.