Complaint Review: hoosier tradewinds - tradewinds

• Updated: Sun, October 14, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Winchester Tennessee United States of America
hoosier tradewinds - tradewinds
1318 E.236th St. Arcadia, Indiana United States of America

hoosier tradewinds tradewinds company bounces paycheck, owes for bad check n service fee n wages owing! amt $760 hasn't paid Arcadia, Indiana

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: believe the hype

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I am living the Nightmare

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I Told you so

Have reported to previous employer of bad payroll/reimbursement check for expenses as promised would be paid back upon myself using my own personal vehicle to drive to employer from where I live in Tn.After some debate they wrote me a check for reimbursement.I since got notified this past saturday,June 11th,2011 that the check I cashed had bounced and that along with service fee is due.The 1st check was for $68.00 and service fee of $12.00.I have notified the company and have tried to discuss this matter that they do not want to resolve.
 Since then the regular paycheck that I should have received also that should have been issued on  June 10th,2011 has yet to be issued to me including regular mail travel time.Total owing to me from tradewinds is $760.00.In further contact with this company to resolve this matter has been ignored and been deceitful to me.On June 15th,one of the last conversations that I had w/their payroll person by the name of melissa and her supervisor,one of the ceo's of the company by the name of brian cook,promised me in compromise that I pay for the service fee for their bad check and in turn He would overnite my wages coming to me along with reimbursement of the bad check and he would pay for the overnite charge.They since will not talk to me or return calls.I haven't received anything in reference to this matter!It now has been past legal time of receiving my pay and well past regular mail travel time.
 Any assistance would be helpful.I have made contact to US. labor,In. labor,Tn. labor,FTC.{federal trade commision} In.state attorney general's office,amongst other federal n state agencies n media  along with my family attorney to see about beginning civil suit against this company.One last notation,I was but one amongst other drivers who have had the same problem from this company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2011 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hoosier-tradewinds-tradewinds/Arcadia-Indiana-46030/hoosier-tradewinds-tradewinds-company-bounces-paycheck-owes-for-bad-check-n-service-fee-742236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hoosier tradewinds - tradewinds

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

believe the hype

AUTHOR: capn crunch - (United States of America)

i think im in the early stages of fighting for my earned wages,in addition to maintance&performance accounts combined total earned and contractual money owed is over $7,000,if others were/are having a hard time getting less than me i can only imagine what im about to embark upon with hoosier tradewinds..:(...its only been a week so im not going to file a report just yet... good luck everyone

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I am living the Nightmare

AUTHOR: Bob - (United States of America)

Hello,

My name is Bob.....I worked for Tradewinds for 3 weeks....I also try to help the hungry in America. On 9/18/12 they set me up for phony load to get me to yard only to tell me I am terminated for "Finanical Reasons" put me out of the truck on the spot.....Never paid me one dime for driving 5,000 miles for them in 12 days and I lost all my belongings as they are sitting on a pallet in Indiana. I also had to buy my own plane ticket to get home in RI. They gave me a t-check number for $159 to help pay for my transportation home I went to truck stop to cash it and it was no good. I now have a lawyer involved...And I plan on contacting as much media as I can to expose this company....THEY WILL SCAM YOU PLEASE SATY AWAY FROM THEM.

Bob Graham

americansneedhelp.com

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I Told you so

AUTHOR: DRIVER23 - (United States of America)

For all of you drivers and employees that still haven't received the MEMO...this company is TRASH.  Why in the world would anyone inquire about driving for them???  Just go on the website: Truckers Trucking Forum and see.  It's been going on for years.  Just google them, and you will see.  For all of the doubters out there...why would any employee take the time to write in and complain...IF IT WEREN'T TRUE???

They, in time, will be gone, and you had better jump off the boat now!!!

Checks bounce
No fuel money
Keep your child support money, and do not pay the state...(Im still in court over this)
Equipment is all crap