Complaint Review: Hope 4 Home.org

• Reported By: mwp — montgomery Illinois
Hope 4 Home.org
12523 Limonite Ave Mira Loma, California USA

Hope 4 Home.org SCAM DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS Mira Loma California

I almost fell for this scam.  Thank god I read another post on this site (ripoff report).  These crooks wanted me to make four payments of $833.00 to modify my mortgage with Wells Fargo.  Rodger, the guy I talk to from Hope4Home.org told me that they have special access to people that could help me and after one day I was approved for a modifaction.  I would pay them the $833 for four months, then skip a payment and then start making my new mortgage payment to Wells Fargo.  Well, I called Wells Fargo and was told that no one from Hope4Home.org had called them.  IF would have went ahead and followed through with them I would have lost my house. I called the notary that had come out to the house and told him to shredd the documents and shredd the $833 check. I felt so stupid that I almost fell for this scam.  Always call your mortgage company, they will work with you, I did and I am on my way to saving my house.  If someone asks you for money to modify your mortgage (HAMP) they are scamming you. This is a free service that anyone can do.  Use your brain and your eyes and ears, if it sounds to good to be true it is.  If you are more than 90 days behind, call your morgage company, they will help you and they will do free of charge.  Keep your money, you will need it to pay your mortgage!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hope-4-Homeorg/Mira-Loma-California-91752/Hope-4-Homeorg-SCAM-DO-NOT-DO-BUSINESS-WITH-THESE-CROOKS-Mira-Loma-California-1129020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hope 4 Home.org