Complaint Review: Hope For Home

• Reported By: Carolyn — Roselle Illinois
Hope For Home
12523 Limonite Ave #440-421 Mira Loma, California USA

Hope For Home Scam Artists Mira Loma California

My husband and I signed on with Hope For Home to assist in a loan modification.  We paid over $3,000.00 to Hope For Home.  In the beginning I spoke to a man named Roger who made it sound like the modification was a done deal.  Got my monthly mortgage payment down considerably.  Just pay me the money.  Then I never heard from them and kept getting notices from my mortgage lender.  Hope for Home told me not to have any contact with the lender.  I was to send everything to them.  Which I did.  And then started following up with them via phone and email.  Never received answers.  Finally called my lender and they had closed the file because they had requested informtation from me through Hope for Home.  Unfortunately, Hope For Home never conveyed those requests to me.

Finally my lender told me that they were known to rip off people.  I have written Hope For Home to request my money back and reported them to the BBB and the Attorney General's office but no one is moving on this.

Guess I should have checked them out first.  Feel really stupid.

Do not use this company.  Do not pay for loan modification.  Your lender will work with you - for free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hope-For-Home/Mira-Loma-California-91752/Hope-For-Home-Scam-Artists-Mira-Loma-California-1051107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hope For Home