Complaint Review: Hornady Transportation LLC

• Updated: Tue, April 29, 2014

• Reported By: Agent M — Hineston Louisiana
Hornady Transportation LLC
1736 Hwy. 21 By-Pass Monroeville, Alabama USA

Hornady Transportation LLC Terminates Drivers for Being Sick Monroeville Alabama

*Author of original report: thats ok to think otherwise

*General Comment: Two Sides to Every Story

Went to work for Hornady after speaking with Millie Salter numerous times, going online to check the companies safety, and coming up empty handed with finding any complaints online from past or current drivers. Day 1 of orientation they have you write your application even though you completed it online and have you sign a document listing the expenses invested to bring you in as a potential hire. In the document it states your pay you will be expecting per mile, in which it will always be listed as "See Instructor", and the expenses invested to bring you on as a new hire (ie. Bus ticket expense, lodging expense, physical expense, drug testing expense, DAC/MVR/PSP/CBR expense, gas allowance expense), this document must be signed before taking the drug test. They want it signed because on the bottom of that document they have "If a driver quits or is disqualified for any reason within the first 90 days of employment, the driver will be required to reimburse Hornady Transportation for the following cost-Drug testing, DAC/MVR/PSP/CBR, Physical cost, Lodging, and Gas allowance or bus ticket. I understand any charge backs to my final pay will not reduce my earnings below Federal Minimum Wage and Hours Regulation with a nice hefty $ amount. They do not feed you any meals during orientation so you cant go there without any cash or you will starve.

After completing orientation with one other person we were out and on our own. I got sick two days before completing orientation, Wednesday. After completing orientation I picked up in Columbus, MS and delivered in Baytown, TX, picked up in Texas and delivered in St. Rose, LA, and after delivering in St. Rose called my dispatcher who stated "you dont sound good". I was then directed to Westwego, LA to pickup a load that was supposed to be ready, but wasn't until 4:30 that afternoon. When the load in Westwego was ready I had 15 minutes left on my clock and called my dispatcher to notify him the load was ready and that I was going to catch a cab to go to see a doctor where I was diagnosed with phuemonia and prescribed medication. Wednesday morning I called my dispatcher and notified him that I was unable to run due to being sick with pnumonia and he said he was going to remove both loads that I was dispatched on and to notify him the following day of my status. Wednesday afternoon I get a voicemail message from a call I slept through from Larry Hildreth, Operations Manager, who wanted me to call him. Whenever it deals with an operations manager I get the conversation in writing and emailed him to only get no response. Thursday morning at approximately 7:30 I get a nasty gram email response back from Larry Hildreth stating that as of the previous day at 5:00pm I was terminated from Hornady and if I was in or around the vehicle I would be arrested and that I was only able to be around or in the vehicle if a Hornady employee was there with me. I asked Larry if I could bring the vehicle back to Birmingham, AL only to be told "You are no longer a Hornady employee and if the truck moved I would be arrested."

Hornady left me stranded 258 miles away from home with no means to get home or even an offer to get me home until I had contacted OOIDA and they contacted Hornady. After OOIDA contacted Hornady I was sent an email from Larry Hildreth to notify him when I was going to clean the truck out and he also wanted to know when I could be at a bus station to catch a time specific bus.

Save yourself the headache and stay away from Hornady cause they will fire you for being ill, which is illegal, they are not a family oriented company, and they could care less about the driver. And the way I see it if you are too ill to drive they will find someone who will drive the truck to keep their pockets lined and put you out fast.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 12:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hornady-Transportation-LLC/Monroeville-Alabama-36461/Hornady-Transportation-LLC-Terminates-Drivers-for-Being-Sick-Monroeville-Alabama-1134954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hornady Transportation LLC

thats ok to think otherwise

AUTHOR: Agent M - ()

Thats quite alright to think otherwise cause i have the messages to prove my side which is exactly as stated above. That is also why they never pursued the costs to get me there, and paid me every cent owed, they knew they were wrong. Tread carefully with Hornady.

#2 General Comment

Two Sides to Every Story

AUTHOR: kevin - ()

Reading this report on Hornady Transportation, a company that has an outstanding reputation in the transportation industry, I was reminded of an old saying, "There's always at least two sides to every story. Your side, my side, and the truth.

Ï'm certain there's another side to this story as well, and I'm also certain that the truth is still out there somewhere.