Complaint Review: Horror-Hall

• Updated: Sun, April 21, 2013

• Reported By: Grazzia635 —
Horror-Hall
South Elgin, Illinois United States of America

Horror-Hall eBay username horror-hall Copy images without permission and use them for profit South Elgin, Illinois

*Author of original report: Contradiction

*Author of original report: Harassing you? Seriously?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: *Improper use of Ripoff Report

*Author of original report: Watermarks were added when I took the pictures

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Misinformation on photo issue

For the second time in less than a year, I've had to contact Horror-Hall and asked them to remove pictures on their eBay listings that have my watermarks all over them. eBay policy clearly states that pictures have to be taken and cannot be copied. To my surprise, I went to their website and surely enough they are using my pictures there too. To make matters more hilarious, they had the audacity to state that all content on their website belongs to them:

Copyright
All content appearing on this Web site is the property of:
HORROR-HALL Gothic Halloween Props & Halloween Costume Accessories
Suuuuuper Boonies of Chicago
South Elgin, IL 60177 USA

Funny... with my watermarks all over "your" pictures. Stop being so lazy and take your own pictures like the rest of us do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Horror-Hall/South-Elgin-Illinois-60177/Horror-Hall-eBay-username-horror-hall-Copy-images-without-permission-and-use-them-for-pro-1044967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Horror-Hall

Contradiction

AUTHOR: Grazzia635 - ()

Oh and funy thing I just noticed... On the very first rebuttal, Horror Hall claimed that they only used their:

"own photos, and others used are stock photos, used with permission of the wholesalers and distributors we purchase from"

and on the last rebuttal they claimed that:

"Therefore, it appears that this harassment is merely a way to ''get back at us'' with vindictive, unwarranted and untrue stories, for not doing business with them."

So how is it that they used my photos if they never did business with me? According to them it's a vindictive way on my behalf because they didnt do business with me (which I don't want or need), but on the first rebuttal they claimed they only used photos from their own source, wholesalers or distributors they purchased from. So who's lying now? And you wrote it yourself...

Harassing you? Seriously?

AUTHOR: Grazzia635 - ()

So I harrass you horribly by asking you to NOT use my pictures on more than one occassion? It should not take more than once for you to stop doing it. And about the blocking, rest assured you were blocked months ago since the first incident... Why would I want to do business with a so called "company" that uses my work without permission?!?! And if my "vindictive, and untrue stories" are such lies, then why do I have the evidence on paper to support it?

Sounds like you're the ones that lie to people, steal someone's work and then try to switch the tables around on others. The evidence is there, anyone can go ahead and click on the images and see them. You only have opinions about me, not EVIDENCE. And again, if you would have not done it more than once, I would have never reported you. So again, stop trying to play victim and own up to what you did... Oh and stop stealing people's work.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

*Improper use of Ripoff Report

AUTHOR: horror-hall - ()

This individual has harassed our company several times. Due to harassment, this individual has been blocked from purchasing products from us. Therefore, it appears that this harassment is merely a way to ''get back at us'' with vindictive, unwarranted and untrue stories, for not doing business with them. We have entertained them in replies, trying to be as professional as possible. It is quite unbelievable that they can file a report such as this, merely as hearsay, trying to damage our reputation with ludicrous claims, such as this.

Watermarks were added when I took the pictures

AUTHOR: Grazzia635 - ()

I took the pictures, added the watermarks immediately and listed the items on eBay. You did not purchase anything from me nor did I authorize the usage of my work. As a matter of fact, the photo was shaded in black to try to conceal that I took it. And the added watermarks do make them mine since I took the pictures - these are NOT stock photos taken by the manufacturer. Now you even violated eBay's policy by using photos that you did not take. And I wouldn't have reported you but since it was the second incident it was a bit too much. And funny that you used the same excuse the first time- "That the pictures were taken from their distributers" even though I've never any business with them. On top of that they are claiming copyrights on the images... Some nerve...

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Misinformation on photo issue

AUTHOR: horror-hall - ()

The photo issue reported is erroneous. We take most of our own photos, and others used are stock photos, used with permission of the wholesalers and distributors we purchase from. Any watermarks added by the complaining party do NOT make stock photos their own. This complaint should not be entertained. We have a total of over 8,000 positive feedbacks on eBay, along with top-rated seller status. We cannot earn this prestigious position by using photos of very small sellers, who are not quite considered competitors.