Complaint Review: horry county electric

• Updated: Sun, July 01, 2012

• Reported By: anne — conway South Carolina United States of America
horry county electric
2774 cultra rd , conway sc, conway, South Carolina United States of America

horry county electric i feel as though i am being raped by horry county electric conway, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Horry County Electric

i have been raped by horry county electric for the last year. i cannot believe they can get away with the rates they charge, i have been told there is nothing i can do because they are a co-op and they can do anything they want.i am 52 yrs old and have electric with several companies in the past but i have never in all my life seen rates like this ,what they are doing should be against the law. their rates are triple what it is in Indiana, i was told that they don't have to follow regulatory commissions rules as to what they are allowed to charge.because they are a co-op. i keep my thermostat at 82 ,i do laundry in cold water ,keep all my lights off, its pitch black where i live but i don't dare use my porch lights nor could i ever put p Christmas lights ,i suffocate in the summer and freeze in the winter i set it at 68 in the winter. i live in a single wide trailer,just two of us and 80 percent of the time its just me here. in the summer its costs me around 200 a month and in the winter i pay around 300 a month ,are you kidding me? i need to move but i am on disability and have limited funds ,so coming up with deposits and moving costs are very difficult so i don't know how im gonna do it but its my only choice. i went to jail and had to pay 250 to get out for unlawful use of telephone while talking to horry county electric, i was very upset while complaining about my bill i used no cuss words but at the end of the conversation i said i should blow them up ooops slip of the tongue cost me 250 dollars. it just blows me away what they are doing to these people and know one does anything about it, it is so unfair,they say they are non profit, non profit my ass have you seen there building?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2012 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/horry-county-electric/conway-South-Carolina-29526/horry-county-electric-i-feel-as-though-i-am-being-raped-by-horry-county-electric-conway-905493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on horry county electric

Horry County Electric

AUTHOR: chinapalm - ()

You are so right. Moved here in January. Never in my life have I seen such rates. There is another choice in Conway and their rates are lower but not in my area. Its a monoply and a rip off