Complaint Review: Hortco Publications

• Reported By: Yonargi — Garden City Idaho United States of America
Hortco Publications
P. O. Box 2011 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Hortco Publications Ed Horton Direct Mail/Telemarketing Chicago , Illinois

I sent an order to Hortco Publications for a money-earning package whose flyer wording was thus: "Over $250,000 every 30 days!" It listed a common month's income: Day 1...$24,817; Day 2...$25,220; Day 3...$37,029, etc., making the total for the month of $342,038. It said this amount of money was possible because the federal government had a "slush fund" that you could "tap into" if you knew how.

I received a package from Hortco. It was a listing of innumerable places where you could send to get a grant. I have had some experience with grants and I know that getting a grant is very hard to do. I reviewed the listing, found that many if not most of them give to nonprofits. Very few give to individuals, but I wrote down an address--the only one I could find--and sent it out. It
came back as "Return to Sender. Not deliverable as addressed." But before I sent it out, I realized that this product didn't meet the criteria Hortco listed in their flyer. So I sent it back, requesting a refund.

About 11/20/12:
I sent it back, explaining my confusion over whether or not that was the correct package for this flyer.

About 12/1/12:
I received from Hortco a note stating that in order to give me a refund they would have to first have the original cancelled check that I had sent to Hortco. I went to my bank to get the check but found that they did not have the original check; that was retained by Hortco. So I sent a copy of the check with the cashier's signature on it. I had her write on the check that Hortco had the original, I believe. (If this cancelled check is needed, I can again obtain a copy from my bank.)

To date, I have not heard from Hortco.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hortco-Publications/Chicago-Illinois-60690-2011/Hortco-Publications-Ed-Horton-Direct-MailTelemarketing-Chicago-Illinois-992291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hortco Publications