Complaint Review: Hotel Zaza Houston

• Updated: Tue, August 20, 2013

• Reported By: Kay — Houston Texas
Hotel Zaza Houston
5701 Main Street Houston, Texas USA

Hotel Zaza Houston Extremely controlling, personally invasive and rude, besides being overpriced Houston Texas

My youngest daughter and one of my older daughter's girlfriends, gave my older daughter a Bachlorette/Bridal Shower at Hotel Zaza Houston last Saturday, August 17, 2013.  First of all, the room was guaranteed on my youngest daughter's credit card and the hotel deposit and 2 nights accommodations were pulled out of her account before she even checked in on Saturday at noon--to the tune of about $860.  They only stayed one night, but had to book 2 nights in order to check in before 4:00 p.m. to be able to decorate the room.  Rooms per night run about $300 and then they automatically drew out a $200 deposit.

Not once was she told they were not allowed to bring food or drinks into the hotel. When we arrived at 12:00 on Saturday, the bellman was helping us unload the bags, drinks, cake and food.  Once in the hotel lobby, a gentleman told us we were not allowed to bring food into the hotel, and only 2 bottles of wine per room were allowed.  I had 2 bottles of champagne and 1 other bottle of vodka.  They told me I couldn't being in the vodka and then once inside the hotel, another employee tried to take away one of the bottles of champagne!

We asked for the manager and when she came out, she reiterated that food was not allowed to be brought in, but the cake was 'okay'.

While I can understand the policy of not bringing in food items, due to food being available at the hotel, you would think when reservations were made for a 'Bachlorette/Shower' party, that the guest would have been forewarned.

The drink prices by the pool,valet parking charges, and food prices were outrageous.  Add that to the fact that most every employee there was curt, brief and uncaring about providing any kind of hospitality.

I would never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.  Also, the $300+ room charge per night, was only 345 SF.  Quite small for a party of 18 women. It is obvious they do not cater to people having celebrations.

Then on Sunday at check-out, the front desk lady asked my daughter for her credit card again.  As mentioned, the card had already been charged.  They would not split the charges with the other hostess and were totally unknowledgable about their jobs.

And that's all I have to say about this overpriced, pretentious hotel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotel-Zaza-Houston/Houston-Texas-77005/Hotel-Zaza-Houston-Extremely-controlling-personally-invasive-and-rude-besides-being-ove-1077431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotel Zaza Houston