Complaint Review: hotelplusportal

• Reported By: ellen — san diego California
hotelplusportal
hotelplusportal.com , Select State/Province USA

hotelplusportal Lied To Me internet

On April 24, 2013, I was searching the internet to make a reservation at Hotel Santa Fe. I called the phone number listed, thinking it was the hotel, because I was automatically directed to this page when doing my search. I spoke to man, Adam, who assured me that he was associated with the hotel and their sister properties. I asked if I made a reservation, would I be refunded my money. He assured me that they would give me a 100% refund. I told him that I had elderly parents so that I would only make a reservation if I could get a 100% refund. Adam said that the hotel only had two rooms left, and that I should make the reservation and cancel it if necessary. The very next morning, I called the hotel directly, and found out that my reservation was made through a third party, and that there were lots of rooms available. I immediately called hotelplusportal.com and cancelled because my mother had been very ill that morning. It wasn't until I read the second confirming email that I saw that they were going to hold 20% as a penalty....even though I cancelled 12 hours later. Not only did Adam lie and tell me that he represented the hotel, he told me that there were only two rooms left, and he told me that they would refund 100% of my money paid....which was the full amount of the week's stay. I assumed that I was going to get a 100% refund because my cancellation notice did not mention the 20% fee....which was over $430. When I got my credit card bill, I saw that I was charged $432.52 by hotelplusportal.com. I immediately began calling them. When I did not hear back for a few days, I wrote an email. At that point, Taylor called me back and said it was their policy to hold 20% as a penalty. I said that it was outrageous....because I was directly lied to on the phone by one of their agents. She said that there was nothing anyone could do....because it's their policy...even if you don't get the email about their policy until after you make the reservation. I cannot believe how this company takes advatage of people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2013 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotelplusportal/Select-StateProvince/hotelplusportal-Lied-To-Me-internet-1055620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotelplusportal