Complaint Review: hotels.com

• Reported By: Brandon C. — baldwin park California United States of America
hotels.com
10440 N. Central Expressway Suite 400 dallas, Texas United States of America

hotels.com Deceptive/ False Promotion/ Scam dallas, Texas

On July 18, 2012 I made reservations through hotels.com to stay at the MGM Signature on November 2-4. The reason I chose to make these reservations was because hotels.com offered a $75 food and beverage credit for this stay.

During my check-in process I mentioned the $75 Food and Beverage credit to the clerk. The clerk had no knowledge of the credit and advised me to contact hotels.com. Once I was on the phone with hotels.com, it took approximately 30 minutes and multiple representatives for them to even admit that they offered me such credit. I was lucky to have the confirmation email that acknowledged my credit. They stated that... "The beverage credit is only good for future reservations with hotels.com."

This was never mentioned during my booking process but only after I was inconvenienced and had to contact hotels.com myself.

It is now January and I contacted hotels.com to redeem my credit like I was advised to do. Hotels.com did the same routine of denying the credit exists until I provided them with fine details of my last incident. Supervisor Jose G stated that ..."The customer should have contacted hotels.com during the check in to resolve the issue." Minutes later Jose admitted that the system shows I did in fact call. Jose then admitted that I was misinformed and that there is nothing he can do about it. When I questioned Jose about this being a scam he took a long pause. Jose never made any attempt to apologize or help me with my issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotelscom/dallas-Texas-75231/hotelscom-Deceptive-False-Promotion-Scam-dallas-Texas-993481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotels.com