• Report: #1119114

• Reported By: tjtate — shady side Maryland
Hotels.com
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500, Dallas, Texas USA

Hotels.com THEY ROBBED ME OF $575.00 Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: right you are.

*Consumer Comment: No...

THEY ROBBED ME OF $575.00. I tried to book a hotel in san antonio through the website via paypal. my paypal account states that the money has been sent to hotels.com, (i have a receipt and record online to prove it). After calling hotels.com they're RUDE CS Rep. informed me that they did not recieve a payment and they have no reservation in their system and sorry, there is nothing they can do. So I called paypal and they COMFIRMED that my money went to hotels.com. I checked my bank and confirmed that my money is gone and went to hotels.com.  So paypal conference called hotels.com. Hotels.com again said they did not have me in there system. the CS Manager even said they have nothing in there system and that there was nothing they could do, they couldnt even provide me with a number of someone in there pathetic company that could look at the paypal records. So now paypal is sending them an email asking for explaination and I may or may not get a refund.I have legal right to a refund, If I pay for a good or service and get nothing in return isnt this a form of robbery?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2014 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotelscom/Dallas-Texas-75240/Hotelscom-THEY-ROBBED-ME-OF-57500-Dallas-Texas-1119114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotels.com

right you are.

AUTHOR: tjtate - ()

yes fraud sounds right, i feel like ive been robbed though. As part of paypals claims process they are giving hotels.com a chance to confirm or deny that i recieved something for my purchase (which of course i did not). Im not sure why though, the rep was on the phone with me when the cs agent from hotels.com told both of us that there was no record of the transaction. so that right there should warrant a refund right?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

- No...Robbery would indicate that they by force or threat of violence took your money.  There was no force or violence here...in fact you were freely going to give them this money.  The closest you would come to is possible fraud or breach of contract.

Here is something else to ponder.  If Paypal is going to all these lengths to try and get your money..why are they not rembursing you under their fraud protection policy?