Complaint Review: hotels.com

• Submitted: Mon, August 26, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, August 26, 2013

• Reported By: angry as hell — Fontana California
10440 North Central Express internet, Select State/Province USA

hotels.com paid for flight, hotel and car. they gave me only flight and hotel internet Texas

I live in Fontana, CA, my son was admitted UC Berkeley. His move-in date was August 24, 2013.  On July 12, 2013.

I purchases a package from Hotels.com that included FLIGHT, HOTEL and CAR for 3 adults for $887.36, to travel from Long Beach,CA to Oakland, CA on August 23, through date, August 25, 2013.

I got my email confirmation for flight and hotel but not for car. I thought the car confirmation would be sent later so I did not print it out.  On August 22, I was printing out my itinerary when I noticed the car rental information was still missing.  I called Hotels.com, they said I did NOT purchase car rental only flight and hotel.

With all the stress that comes from packing and everything else, I went ahead and purchased a car rental from Hotels.com for 2 days for $137.96 and was going to deal with the situation when I came back from the trip.

I spoke to Zoe a supervisor, she would not let me finish talking and said she can not do anything about it. I spoke to her supervisor, Rachael L. in the Las Vegas, Nevada, Expedia Air Team). She also said I only purchased flight and hotel not car and that she can not do anything about it. I am asking for a refund of the car rental for $137.96.

We have previously traveled twice before to visit the UC Berkeley, in April and July 2013, I purchased packages with Orbitz.com. I very well knew what we needed for this trip. So a car was a MUST.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotelscom/internet-Select-StateProvince/hotelscom-paid-for-flight-hotel-and-car-they-gave-me-only-flight-and-hotel-internet-Te-1079252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotels.com