Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Updated: Sun, February 23, 2014

• Reported By: Becky — Emmett Idaho
Hotwire
PO Bos 22154 Green Bay, Wisconsin USA

Hotwire Car Rental I am 65 and need to go on a trip - when I checked the price they charged me. All I wanted was the price. Green Bay WI

*Author of original report: Rebuttal to Hotwire Response

I am 65 year old, disabled woman who needs to go on a trip.  I was checking online to see if it would be cheaper to fly or to rent a car.  To fly it was $560 but when I went to see about car rental it said push this button and you will get the price.  So I pushed the button and got the price and they booked the car and charged me!

All I wanted was a price comparison. I feel very taken advantage of.  I am on social security and am constantly looking for a better deal because I am on a fixed income.  The price on the car was $346.07, plus gas, meals and lodging.  It would take me 5 days to drive where I need to go and only 9 hours to fly.

I am not in the best of health, I have been disabled according to Social Security standards since 1998.  I know this is to much information but I will be having both front and back sphincter surgery soon and am now uncomfortable and know I will be very uncomfortable after the surgery.

My Itinerary number is 3946841085 - I do not have a copy of the itinerary because as soon as I saw they were going to charge me right away I sent them an email and the email they had send me with the itinerary disappeared.  The rental was from Sept 27 to Oct 11, 2014.

What do I need to do to resolve this problem and to be sure they don't charge me for this trip that I am probably not even going to take now.  It is just too much work to do it right.

They didn't ask for a credit card number, just my name, address, phone number and last for of my social security number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2014 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/Green-Bay-Wisconsin-54305/Hotwire-Car-Rental-I-am-65-and-need-to-go-on-a-trip-when-I-checked-the-price-they-charg-1125903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire

Rebuttal to Hotwire Response

AUTHOR: BeckyGrace - ()

As I have said several times, I thought I was getting a price quote not booking a reservation for a car.  You took advantage of me. I feel very violated by Hotwire.