Complaint Review: hotwire

• Reported By: Mary — peoria Arizona United States of America
hotwire
655 montgomery st. suite 600 Internet United States of America

hotwire Would not honor price match Internet, Internet

I reserved a vehicle from Hotwire on Tuesday January 10. On Wednesday January 11,   my friend went directly to Budget and reserved the same vehicle for the same dates for $144.37 less. Wednesday evening, called Hotwire and explained the situation. Trevor said I fell within the 48 hour Price Match Guarantee and send in the paperwork. I offered to email but was told to mail or fax. I faxed the paperwork Thursday morning with my phone number to call.

I received an email back Thursday afternoon stating that I was not eligible for a refund because the document showed a different time. The pickup time showed 4:00pm. Mine said 4:30 pm. But everything else was the same. My friend called Budget and had her pick up changed to 4:30 pm. It was still $144.37 less. I called Hotwire Thursday evening and told them there is no price change and my paperwork shows 4:30pm and I could email to them right away. I was told I could not email and would have to fax or mail it in, but it did not matter because I was beyond the 48 hour time limit. Spoke to 2 supervisors.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but had I mailed this in, I would have been automatically denied because it would have been received beyond the 48 hour time limit regardless. How much more deceitful can this be?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotwire/internet/hotwire-Would-not-honor-price-match-Internet-Internet-822323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotwire