Complaint Review: hotwire

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2012

• Reported By: not hot wire — whithall Maryland United States of America

hotwire avis, usbank visa hotwire had me picking up a rental car at the wrong airport and wouldnt correct it, Internet

I took my 85 yr old mother to orlando to see an old friend of hers whos wife just passed and rented a car for a week from orland to ft meyers fl. I had a one way rental for the firs week dropping the car at ft meyers fla.

The second rental i took a round trip rentl from ft meyers due to flying back up north from ft meyers Hotwire made a misstake on the second rental on which airport i was picking up from. I tryed to explain that i was returning the car in ft meyers and picking up or extending the rental from ftmyers I tryed telling them i was charged the extra fee for a one way rental and also couldnt be at two places at the same time.

They kept telling me with no customer service that i had to pay that rental even if i didnt pick it up besides getting my  mother upset we had to rent directly to avis. Avis said theyve been having problems with hotwire as well. i contacted my visa and the at first reversed the charges and i wrote and faxed the explaination to visa and they said hotwire still wants me to pay and now im at a stand still. it was over 500.00

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotwire/internet/hotwire-avis-usbank-visa-hotwire-had-me-picking-up-a-rental-car-at-the-wrong-airport-and-861724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotwire