Complaint Review: hotwire

• Reported By: kt — windsor Other Australia
hotwire

hotwire ripoffwire Internet

BEWARE AND STAY AWAY FROM HOTWIRE
Booked a 5 star hotel in Milan on hotwire. The website claimed other websites are selling this hotel for $504 per night. Also claimed it's within the duomo area. After booking and paying at a rate of $206 per night, i was advised of the hotel name.

The actual hotel Chataeu Monfort is nearly 3km's away from the Duomo and i could have booked it from expedia for $50.00 more with a free cancellation. And I could not find a single website that sold this hotel for $504 as hotwire had advertised. Even if I had booked direct with the hotel it wouldn't have been much dearer.

Also after reading many story's on this website I now have 3 months of stressing whether I will actually have a room once I arrive there.

My advise is to use the bigger more reputable websites for hotel bookings.
I did contact hotwire to complain , but got sent a generic message in reply.
Also when i used my credit card to book through hotwire the bank cancelled my credit card as a third party had tried to put charges onto my card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotwire/internet/hotwire-ripoffwire-Internet-934590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotwire