Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

• Reported By: Roxanne — Richardson Texas
Hotwire.com
333 Market St., Ste. 100 San Francisco, California USA

Hotwire.com RIP OFF San Francisco California

I am trying to get a refund for travel expenses of a trip that my daughter and I could not take this Spring to California from Hotwire. The reson the trip was cancelled was due to State Mandated TAKS Testing that was schyeduled for the week of the trip. This information was not available to me when the trip was scheduled in December, 2012 for my daughters Christmas Gift.

Now, I am out 742.00 and Hotwire thinks it was a "Choice" that I made not to take the trip. I have provided a letter from the School and even a Credit that I received from TINGO Travel, who by the way has the same No-Refund Policy but, realized that this was something beyond my control.

Hotwire makes Millions of dollars every day ioff of people looking for a deal so that they can make that one special trip without spending their life savings and I am asking to be re-imbursed for 742.00. Like this is going to break their bank account.

This is beyond unamerican where the customer is right. It would be different if we "Just Changed Our Minds" but this is not the case. This is/was a once in a lifetime trip for a Single Mother and Her Daughter to take a trip. Now I can not even reschedule it because HOTWIRE HAS MY MONEY!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2013 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/-San-Francisco-California-94105/Hotwirecom-RIP-OFF-San-Francisco-California-1049565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com