Complaint Review: hotwire.com

• Submitted: Sun, March 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 01, 2009

• Reported By:Millbrook Alabama
hotwire.com
www.hotwire.com Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Hotwire.com DO NOT USE THEM! Los Angeles California

I have used Hotwire.com several times in the past to book hotels and rental cars and have always walked away satisfied. I book my disney trips through them so I can get a good deal on a hotel. I used them this year again to book my hotel for my disney vacation and while on the website I was going through different hotels, when ready to book I clicked on a hotel not realizing I had clicked on the incorrect one and booked it.

After I got my confirmation and it stated the name of the hotel and star rating and price I realized I clicked the wrong hotel, I called them immediately after and stated I booked the wrong hotel and I wanted to go ahead and rebook, the hotel I wanted was a little more expensive and had a 3 star rating instead of the 2 star of the hotel I booked, I was told that all reservations are final, after going back and forth with the agent for some time I gave up and called the hotel, I found out that Hotwire.com lied about the location, Hotwire.com states the hotel I booked is in Kissimmee, the hotel is in fact in Heritage Park not Kissimmee, the hotel is twenty miles away from disneyworld.

I then called back and told hotwire that their website was incorrect that I desperately want to change I'm willing to pay extra for the hotel I wanted and I was told that I could not change it. I am very angry and disappointed with hotwire and I will never use them again. Apparently since they don't want my money they don't want my business. I have an employee base of 288 employees and I will make sure that NONE of them use hotwire, and my family will not use them again either. I can understand a no refund policy but even priceline will let you upgrade your hotel, hotwire needs to make sure they are being a little more honest when they give information about the hotel.

I called them again today to let them know I want to change what I got was a rude representative and I was told when I get there if the hotel doesn't match the description given I can change-teh description on hotwire.com is "Hotel has one pool" that is it, nothing more. I read a bunch of reviews on this hotel and come to find out it is terrible, it's near a prison and really far from Orlando area attractions. I really want my money back at this point but I know that I won't be getting that either. Bottom line is, you get what you pay for and I will from now one book my disney vacations with disneyworld.com from now on and pay the extra money for a disney hotel and decent customer service and a knowledgable staff.

Dana
Millbrook, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2009 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotwirecom/Los-Angeles-California/Hotwirecom-DO-NOT-USE-THEM-Los-Angeles-California-429688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotwire.com