Complaint Review: hotwire.com

• Updated: Thu, July 14, 2011

• Reported By: Dick — Montgomery Alabama United States of America
hotwire.com

hotwire.com Car rental ripoff Internet

Book my rental car over the phone with a hotwire rep. After recapping the booking the rep. said the car rental was for Portland Or. I said No it should be for Portland, Maine. Oh. he says thats what I meant. Get to car rental at the Portland Maine airport and no car rental shown. Guess what? It was made for the Or. location. They rebooked me at 75% higher rate! When I called to say I was returning the car 2 days early because I couldnt afford the high car rate (C Car over $50.00 per day at a 2 week rate) they said I would have to pay addtional for returning the car early!!! Called the car co. direct and they helped me. Said to never book with hotwire.com and that they hear these complaints all day long!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2011 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotwirecom/internet/hotwirecom-Car-rental-ripoff-Internet-753159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotwire.com