Complaint Review: hotwire.com

• Submitted: Sat, February 02, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: chips — Fontana California USA
hotwire.com

hotwire.com Hotwire misleading add information and/ or refusal to refund Internet

A deal is a deal unless it's a bad one. The add infers a potential great savings in flight deals but suggests the flight times would be in the normal passenger time range. This is in no way clear that they are offering you the flights passengers don't want therefor can get a deal on them. The leftover's from airlines. In my case Hawaii at a reasonable price. The first effort produced a flight arriving late at night in Hawaii making my hotel stay that day a sleep and go and the return flight several hours more than needed for us. Hawaii to lax via Washington state with a flight change overnight.  I will credit them with offering one change for me to assist the arrival date but I received no correction to the flight  correction on my computer leaving me to question if in fact I have a flight thru them.
I question why if a flight is  booked 3 month's early why changes or cancellation aren't possible with Hot wire. I tried to even see if Delta airlines would let me change this horrible arrangement thru them and pay the additional money difference. They told me Hotwire was the only ones can do this as it is out of their hands.
I could understand if I was booking a last minute flight as time to resell the seats would be lost but the flights are booked for June.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hotwirecom/internet/hotwirecom-Hotwire-misleading-add-information-and-or-refusal-to-refund-Internet-1007972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hotwire.com