flight

• Updated: Wed, January 01, 2014

• Reported By: Looking4truth8175 — Oldsmar Florida
Houdini's Auto Repair
7270 76th Street Pinellas Park, Florida USA

Houdini's Auto Repair Louis deihl,Christine Brown Unknowledable,liar,fraud,crooks,manipulative,disrespected,alcoholic Pinellas Park Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: wrong again

*Author of original report: I've got the proof.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Not True

I brought my car to houdini's Auto Repair because the mechanic gave me a great quote.I was told that I needed a water pump and the job would take 8-9 hours to resolve.I waited and waited but received no response the next day.I finally went down there and was told that he needed to go to court and couldn't work on my vehicle yet.The mechanic said he'd be done the next day.

The next day came and went without a phone call.I finally called him and he said he needed a few more parts inorder to get the job done right.I spent my rent money on these parts because I needed my car back.The next day came and went again and still no progress was being made.I made frequent visits at his shop and my car was outside not being worked on at all.The engine was all apart and his garage door was closed.

I called him again and he answered and said I needed a timing chain and chain tensioner and chain guide replaced.I purchased these items and waited.Three weeks pass with lies and endless excuses of why my car wasn't done.Then one day he called and said that my car was done.I went to his shop and paid $340.00 and asked for a receipt but was told that if I needed one then I would have to pay an extra $25.00tour to tax reasons.i declined and took my car out of there.

While driving one mile down the road my carbegan to shudder and overheat.I pulled into a gas station and called the mechanic.I told him the situation and he came out and looked over the engine.My engine light was on and I asked about that.He said that it should go off later on when the engine heated up more.He blamed the engine fan wiring on me for why the car was overheating.The car finally was running semi normal and I drove it home.

The next day I started to have shifting problems.The car wouldn't shift into 4th gear and called the mechanic back immediately.The engine oil light then came on too.I highly discourage anybody to go to Houdin's Auto Repair!!!Please save your car and avoid thisbusiness.Upon further investigation of this business I found tthis the place isn't even licensed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2014 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Houdinis-Auto-Repair/Pinellas-Park-Florida-33781/Houdinis-Auto-Repair-Louis-deihlChristine-Brown-Unknowledableliarfraudcrooksmanipul-1112179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Houdini's Auto Repair

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

wrong again

AUTHOR: angel99fl - ()

He has done millions of timing chains you know all those parts were new from advance so how could it have fallen to pieces thats silly. as far as unlicensed all it is is $50 dollars a year there are no credentials to being licensed they dont ask you anything except for $50 BUCKS AND ALL BUSINESSES HAS COMPLAINTS BY IDIOTS LIKE YOU, it is stupid that you are saying this and by the way people do take jobs to get money  why else ould they work that is retarded anyway enough with this whole mess. i am done commenting to you. as far as my background you have invaded my privacy and it is none of your business to snoop around my life everyone has something on their background i dont consider what is on mine to be A CRIMINAL background. i got laid off and wrote a bad check to publix. oh my god what a criminal had to feed my daughter dumba**. oh well thanks for all your talking about us for no reason

I've got the proof.

AUTHOR: Looking4truth8175 - ()

I have my car at a reputable mechanic and he did a diagnostic check on my 2002 dodge intrepid.The conclusion?Incorrect chain tensioner tension had caused catastrophic engine failure due to the timing chain shattering to pieces.Your mechanic never attempted a job like this and the only reason he took the job was because you guys needed the money.i called your shop 20 times and I get some sob story about a phone being broken!I also love the fact that you two have criminal back grounds.I should have known that by the extensive lies that your mechanic told to me and my family.By the information that I received from The Department of Agriculture and consumer complaints,you are operating illegally without a business license,why is this?Your business is 100% scam.People need to know about your business and how shady it is.How is my ripoff report not the truth?You denying everything?

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Not True

AUTHOR: angel99fl - ()

We did our very best on thgis car no other shop would touch it for less than 2 grand .We are a small business and do what we can. this man drove the car for 2 months then said it was ourfault that it was broken but it was a totally different problem. i am sorry that he was so unhappy. we really did try to keep costs down and do things right,this is only me and my husband who work here sometimes its hard when you have to take other jobs too and try to make ends meet.