- Report: #52701
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Household Retail Services (Menard's)
Household Retail Services (Menard's)www.hrsaccounts.com Rapid City, South Dakota U.S.A.
Household Retail Services Menard's ripoff unfair fees and change in account terms victimized many consumers Rapid City South Dakota
*Consumer Suggestion: Have you actually paid bills before?
*Consumer Suggestion: payment options
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This has changed ever since HRS took over the account recently.
Here is what they demand (and if you don't comply you will pay hefty fines).
1. Payment must be mailed 5 to 7 days before due date to ensure they receive and process it.
2. If you pay online, it must be 2 business days before due date, or you get a $29 late fee.
3. If you call in a check by phone, there is a fee of $15.
With these outrageous fees, how are you supposed to ever pay off the account? I can manage my money, but I know many people who live paycheck by paycheck or never get ahead because of outrageous fees instituted by well-off companies like HRS.
I have had two other accounts that were sold to HRS and I've paid one off in two years and the 2nd is taking forever. It seems I have to sign over large $ checks, and even then I still feel ripped off based on the high interest they charge (25.89%).
Nuts. Totally nuts!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2003 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Retail-Services-Menards/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Household-Retail-Services-Menards-ripoff-unfair-fees-and-change-in-account-terms-victimiz-52701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.