Complaint Review: household-retail-services

• Reported By: Grady — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
household-retail-services
PO BOX 4171 Carol Stream, Illinois United States of America

household-retail-services FRAUD, SCAM, LEAN ON TITLE Carol Stream, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: wekk we know what team rebutt says

*Consumer Comment: What does the DMV say?

I bought my 2004 Yamaha R1 from a dealership here in Vegas. I was the very 1st one in the state  to get my hands on the new body style of the 2004 model. I PAID CASH! I went to the DMV yesterday to renew my registration only to find there is a lien on my bike. How is this so when I PAID CASH IN FULL???

I know this company is from IL, which does not surprise me that there is an illegal crooked lien on my bike!

Has anyone had this happen & how did you deal with it???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/household-retail-services/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/household-retail-services-FRAUD-SCAM-LEAN-ON-TITLE-Carol-Stream-Illinois-957290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on household-retail-services

wekk we know what team rebutt says

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

a lo of bs

What does the DMV say?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Are you saying that you bought your bike brand new and never took a loan out on it?   If so, something is seriously wrong.   You should have a clear title in your posession that was received when you purchased the bike.   Hard to imagine how Household (a once popular bike financing co.) could obtain a lien without the title, or at least loan papers signed by you.

The DMV should be able to tell you how the lien was obtained, and how it could have been done without Household possesing the title or a lien agreement from you.    I'd be very interested in their response.    The local DMV will likely direct you to the Records Section, who can run a title search and find out where this mystery lien came from.   Their contact info is :

Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles