Complaint Review: HowAboutWe.com

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2014

• Reported By: Julian M. — oakland California
HowAboutWe.com
20 Jay Street, Suite 932, New York USA

HowAboutWe.com Deceptive Business Practices - Continues Charging Recurring Membership Four Months After Cancellation howaboutwe.com New York

*UPDATE Employee: Cancellation Request

This company charges a monthly recurring fee. I wanted to cancel my membership after my first month free trial, but when I tried cancelling my account online, their website said there is no online option to cancel, all cancellations must be done over email by sending an email to couples@howaboutwe.com. I did that before the deadline prior to the next month's charge, but received no reply or acknowledgement. My credit card was charged, so again I tried emailing them with no success.

I've tried emailing them multiple times over the course of the following few weeks, no response. So I contested with my credit card company. The next month, I was charged a second time, even though I've never used their service after the first month. I emailed the company, no response. I contested with credit card company a second time and asked them to block all further charges.

Since that time, I've been charged two more times, for a total of four total unauthorized charges. Each time, I have to call my credit card company and contest the charges and try to get them to block the company from charging me further, but somehow it gets through. I've tried emailing the company over and over, no replies. There is still no option to cancel online, the only recourse is to email them, but they do not reply and continue charging my card.

I want my money refunded in full for the four charges and and I want them to stop billing me going forward. This has been a nightmare!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HowAboutWecom/20-Jay-Street-Suite-932-New-York-11201/HowAboutWecom-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Continues-Charging-Recurring-Membership-Fou-1128633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HowAboutWe.com

Cancellation Request

AUTHOR: HowAboutWe - ()

First of all, I apologize for this issue and understand your frustration. Please know that this is not typical experience - we respond to cancellation requests within one business day. I believe we located your account and a member of our team is reaching out to refund and cancel your account.

It appears that your initial email was detected as spam in our email system, and since you continued to email via the same chain it never made it into our inbox. I apologize for this issue, and we're looking into why our system did that to ensure it doesn't happen to any other customers.

If you do not receive an email from our team, please send a new email to us at couples@howaboutwe.com. We'll be on the look out for it. If you do receive an email from us, please reply to let us know that you've received it.

Again, I apologize for this experience.