Complaint Review: HP Consulting Inc

• Reported By: Sarah K. — Valparaiso Indiana United States of America
HP Consulting Inc
PO Box 1030 Kittredge, Colorado United States of America

HP Consulting Inc MD Network, Inc Magazine contest scam! Kittredge, Colorado

2 young men came to my door selling magazine subscriptions to help them earn a trip to Australia and learn communication skills such as public speaking. They were very animated, smooth talkers, and said they were in a contest to beat the girls team.  The magazine you purchased had to be a gift to someone and they had a list of magazines that earned them extra 'points' because they would go to the Veteran's Hospital they worked with for wounded veterans.  They even claimed we would receive a letter from the veteran who received our magazine.

I was a little suspicious at first, but they gave us the paperwork to look over and the information on the receipt seemed legit.  Since I have family members who are in the service and have been overseas, I totally fell for getting a subscription for wounded veterans.  I wrote a check so I would have proof of payment and could cancel if anything seemed off. They wrote us out a receipt, gave us a second form to put on our door so the other teams would 'bug off' and went on their way.

Decided to check out the information on the receipt to verify and found a ton of reports saying it was a scam.  I immediately called my bank and put a stop pay on the check, so at least I'm only out the bank fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2011 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP-Consulting-Inc/Kittredge-Colorado-80457/HP-Consulting-Inc-MD-Network-Inc-Magazine-contest-scam-Kittredge-Colorado-746031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP Consulting Inc