Complaint Review: HP Consulting Inc

• Updated: Sun, November 03, 2013

• Reported By: Denise — Sparrows Point Maryland
HP Consulting Inc
12081 W.Alameda Pkwy#500 Lakewood, Colorado USA

HP Consulting Inc MD Network,Inc When I tryed to cancel the transactions after reading about what happened to others on Rip-off report. Lakewood Colorado

Two young men came to my door claiming to be college students trying to earn points to get scholarships. They were very friendly and funny. They said they had been to some of my neighbors and they had bought different products and subscriptions from them. Showed me the reciepts and cash they had from my other neighbors.They said they were selling magazine subscriptions and food baskets to get these points they needed for the scholarships. They didn't really have anything I wanted but I agreed to buy magazine subscriptions because they said I could send them to the troops. I tryed to give them my credit card but they said they only take cash or checks.  When I tryed to get a price they wouldn't give me a straight answer. It's this or that. When I finally got a price it was for $180.00 and that was just for the one guy(Edgar). The other guy(Zack) says he needs a check for $180.00 too because it has to be seperate for him to get the points. Should have known by then something is wrong! But I was thinking about the troops so I wrote the checks.

They told me they had these stickers to put on my front door so that these girls who are in the area doing the same thing as they are would not come to my house. But they didn't have anymore cause they gave them out to the neighbors before me. They left after telling me to save the receipts for my taxes and to go to the web site to enter comments about their performance. About  10 minutes after they left I googled the web site and Rip off reports comes up. I read what the other people said and I knew I got scammed.

I called a neighbors who had also gotten taken and we got in my car and rode around the neighborhood. Well guess what we found them! This was about 30 minutes later they were comming out of someone else's house. We told them we wanted our money back we were cancelling our order. They said they didn't have our money they gave it to their supervisor who was riding around in a car. We said tell your supervisor to come over here and give our money back. They said their phone was dead. I said what is his number(720-272-5555) I will call from my cell phone they gave me a number from Colorado. The man on the other end said hello I told him that I wanted my money back and he hung up. I then called the police and the two guys started walking up the street.

The two police officers came took all the information from my neighbor and myself. They called the supervisors number that I had on my cell phone and talked to him. The supervisor was supposed to come to were we were but never showed. So the police called him again and met him up the road. He gave them a story about how this is a legitimate program to earn points for college students and that once they took the money they could not cancel the subscription. The police said the supervisor said some thing about the FBI is watching all transactions so you had to cancel the subscription in writing within 3 days of transaction and send it to HP Consulting,Inc.,12081 W.Alameda Pkwy #500,Lakewood,Co 80228.

I told the police I stopped payment on my checks but my neighbor gave them cash. The police could not do anything!!!

In fact the police acted like how could you be so stupid. Which by the way we already felt!

The police told my neighbor if after she cancels the subscription in writing and she doesn't get her money back contact them they have the supervisor's address and license info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2013 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HP-Consulting-Inc/Lakewood-Colorado-80228/HP-Consulting-Inc-MD-NetworkInc-When-I-tryed-to-cancel-the-transactions-after-reading-ab-1096606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HP Consulting Inc