Complaint Review: hsbc credit card services

• Submitted: Sun, August 26, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, August 26, 2012

• Reported By: Donna — Shadyside Ohio United States of America
hsbc credit card services
P O Box 98708 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

hsbc credit card services Capitol One Lowered Credit Limit On A Maybe Las Vegas, Nevada

I have had a Best Buy credit card for over 2 years now.  Our first purchase was a Samsung TV and Stand.  My intial credit limit was 2000.00 and the purchase came to about 1800.00.   We paid most of that off when in December of this year our range blew up (on Christmas Eve). Best Buy was great no problems with them. We went to the store and purchased our range which took the amt owing to about 1300.00 dollars. We have always paid all our bills ontime, especially any credit card bills.   In August of this year I recieved a letter in the mail stating that due to a recent credit report ran (of which I did not give permission) they were lowering my limit to 1369.00. The letter stated the reason was because of amounts owed on other revolving accts was too high!   Not my account with them mind you but my other accounts! What? I am not over my limit on any of my accounts and as stated before we pay all our bills on time. When I called to inquiry the supervisor told me that the reason they do that is because in cases in the past some customers get in a bind and end up not paying!!   He stated that he does see I am a good customer and make timely payments but this is normal procedure with this company  just in case someone may not pay.  Wow not very professional.  Judgement on a maybe!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2012 11:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hsbc-credit-card-services/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89193/hsbc-credit-card-services-Capitol-One-Lowered-Credit-Limit-On-A-Maybe-Las-Vegas-Nevada-932958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hsbc credit card services