Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services

• Updated: Fri, July 06, 2012

• Reported By: Rita — Houston Texas United States of America
HSBC Retail Services
PO Box 5893 Carol Stream, Illinois United States of America

HSBC Retail Services BEWARE additional fees scheme by credit card company used by BEST BUY Carol Stream, Illinois

HSBC Retail Services are a big rip off.  I purchased a Nikon camera, an extra lens, and a memory card in Jan 2012 the day I was leaving on a four month cruise around the world.  The promotion was 90 day free interest if paid in full by the endo of the 90 days.  While on the cruiseship, I emailed numberous times to try and get access to my online account and explained my situation with lack of email and phone support so I could pay my bill in full.  I kept getting an email back to call a 1-800 number which cost if you are out of the country.

I authorized my sister-in-law to pay the bill. Although she kept fax sent confirmation of all correspondence, HSBC refused to let her pay the bill; but they did give her the address.  I mailed my payment in full in March and when I returned on Apr 28, I was being billed for $158 in late charges.  I immediately called, complained, and they removed all charges except $36.39 which I paid just to keep the fees from continuing to accumulate.

I then faxed in documentation where I tried to pay the bill early and the fax correspondence and disputed the $36.  I finally received a credit on May 21 which I called to request a refund and spoke to Shawn on May 21, then on Jun 7th, I spoke to Susan, then on Jul 6th, I spoke to Jason, and after hours and hours of trying to reach a supervisor, I was connected to Sonya who told me the records did not show I had requested a refund.  She has supposedly submitted for the refund and it will take 30 days to receive.  What a horrible company and I will never buy anything on credit again using this company.  Buyers beware....Best Buy uses HSBC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/HSBC-Retail-Services-BEWARE-additional-fees-scheme-by-credit-card-company-used-by-BEST-BU-907726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services