Complaint Review: HSBC Yamaha

• Submitted: Tue, March 28, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 28, 2006

• Reported By:Los banos California
HSBC Yamaha
Po Box 703 Wood Dale, Illinois U.S.A.

HSBC Yamaha, Yamaha Music ripoff, reposessed after payment was made with an agent, not through mail Wood Dale Illinois

My husband purchased a yamaha raptor from a local yamaha shop, we made about a year of payments on time, we got behind for around 58 days and made the payment on the 60th day via telephone with an agent. Two days later a repo man came to our home to recover the atv. When we told him we had already paid the payments he said there was nothing we could do besides come up with the 7,000 in 10 days to get the bike back. When I called the company the next day, they said that a repo man had already been disbatched before we made the payment, and there was no way for her to know that when we were speaking with the agent respomsible for placing the payment. They sure know when your not making the payment, but don't have thier facts straight when you do make the payment? They then auctioned the bike for less than half of the retail value, leaving a balanced owed of $4000. Now on our credit report it says we had $9259.00 which $7500.00 is owed to them? I have tried to get the numbers straight with this company and they tell me that it has been placed with a collection agency and they have no way of telling me the fees that theses companies have added on, but these numbers are under yamaha on the credit report? I have been paying payments on this account through a collection agency, I felt like I had no other option, I did not relize that they do this to so many other people! How can they keep getting away with this kind of buisness? I am ready to take action on behalf of every other hard working american that has been ripped off by this company.

David
Los banos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2006 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Yamaha/Wood-Dale-Illinois-60191/HSBC-Yamaha-Yamaha-Music-ripoff-reposessed-after-payment-was-made-with-an-agent-not-thr-183676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Yamaha