Complaint Review: HSBC

• Submitted: Thu, May 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, October 11, 2013

• Reported By: chris — San Diego California United States of America
225 Broadway Ste 140 San Diego, California United States of America

HSBC Want to be in bank that wouldn't want you as a member? I did. San Diego, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: HSBC- 956 REPORTS TODAY!

*Consumer Comment: What Are You, 5 Years Old?

HSBC. Two mistakes in three months. Who cares! It's only money!

1. Lost my checks, they closed the account and order new checks from the closed account. My other bank put my account on hold until I explained the closed account check.

2. I also lost my debit card. They ordered a new one and cancelled it before it reached me. That means 4 weeks without a debit card. My regular bank in KANSAS even has an expedited service.

3. The correction of these mistakes (which has not been resolved) has taken hours and therefore hundreds of dollars in my time.
  • Driving down to the branch two times (45 minute trips)
  1. Calling into the branch to talk explain the issue to three people, have them not refund the returned check fee from another bank ($19)

2. Didn't refund my monthly fee ($18)

3. Would refund the check fee ($22) but only if I didn't close the account while I was in the bank that day. I would have to wait supposedly one day for the $22 to be refunded, then call back in. I wouldn't risk this nor waste more time so I closed the a total calling into the out-sourced call center.
  • Calling into their system.
  1. Clearly they don't want to talk to me or I wouldn't be hung up on by pressing 0 repeatedly.

2. I don't know my call in pin so I have to put in my SS# so they don't hang up on me, then repeat the process of not knowing my call in pin 4-5 times before I have the option to talk to an operator.

3. The operator then has to have everything explained to them in order to tell me they can't give me the direct number to the branch, nor the manager (both of which the manager gave me)

4. The operator gets an attitude when I explain that other operators said that they could email the branch manager when they say they could not.

5. being put on hold for extended periods of time.

6. the indians I talked to don't seem to understand that I am trying to correct a mistake their bank made, instead blaming me for not giving them all the options for how they can put me in touch with someone.
So luckily Kathleen at the downtown San Diego branch called me back! Thanks, and if anyone just needs the phone number to that branch its (619) 684 9962.

Word of advice about HSBC: ENJOY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2011 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC/San-Diego-California-/HSBC-Want-to-be-in-bank-that-wouldnt-want-you-as-a-member-I-did-San-Diego-Nationwide-726116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

What Are You, 5 Years Old?

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

You "lost" your checks. You "lost" your debit card. In ONLY three months. I can only imagine the liability. I wouldn't want you as a customer either. They probably suggested you go back to your "regular" bank in KS.