Complaint Review: https://fiorvanojewel.com/

• Submitted: Sat, December 15, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: Andrea — Dawsonville Georgia United States of America
1200 S. Brand Blvd. Ste. 154, Glendale, CA 91204 Glendale, California United States of America

https://fiorvanojewel.com/ Fiorvano Finest Jewels Beware the Deceptive Advertising Practices of This Scam Operation! Glendale, California

*Consumer Comment: Wasn't so sneaky

I ordered a charm necklace from this company on December Ist on the condition that all I had to pay was a shipping and handling charge of $5.99. I received the product. It was in fair, but not exceptional condition, so I decided to keep it.

Little known to me, or anyone who is not an attorney or consumer affairs advocate, their were some "Terms and Conditions" hidden very well in the fine print. The only link to these terms and conditions was a tiny text link at the very bottom of the website.

Lo and behold, today I check my bank account and find a charge pending to post on Monday for $98.00! After calling the company, they asked if I had read the terms and conditions. I told them I had, not seeing anything easily identifiable as such on their main website.

However, after getting off the phone with them, I realize that the $5.99 charge was only considered a "14 day free trial"! Not only were they all set to charge me the $98. [continued below]....
.....00. But, I had been signed up for a monthly autoship program at an additional $98.00/month.

Yes, I admit my own gullibility. I consider myself to be fairly internet savvy and am very careful to guard against scams such as this. However, I consider this to be one of the most egregious forms of "bait and switch" and deceptive advertising in existence!

If someone who is fairly tech savvy was able to get suckered in by these ripoff artists, think how many less informed individuals get taken every single day.

I am told that I can get a refund for the $98.00 if I send their item back. However I am pushing to have the original shipping charge refunded and will see that this is done. My next stop is the Better Business Bureau and every other site that I can think of to spread the word about these people.

Buyer beware is always a caveat to be followed. However I hold that the buyer should not have to be on guard for out and out trickery by the merchant. A person who makes a purchase in good faith should not be snookered into some kind of shady deal they had no idea they were getting into.

My intention is to shut these people down so that no more innocent buyers will have to go through the hassle that I am now involved in. If it's possible, I will keep this site and the others I post on updated on the progress of this case.

Thank you for your time and attention in reading this. I hope that this message will save at least a few people a boat load of heartache!

Thanks & Best Regards

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2012 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/httpsfiorvanojewelcom/Glendale-California-91204/httpsfiorvanojewelcom-Fiorvano-Finest-Jewels-Beware-the-Deceptive-Advertising-Practic-982558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on https://fiorvanojewel.com/

Wasn't so sneaky

AUTHOR: jessarenea - (United States of America)

I too signed up for the trial. I had four gifts to choose from, right below the box that had the four pics was a big grey box with big, black letters that read, "terms and conditions". It was right there in plain sight! Poof! Like magic! It also had a purple link at the bottom of the page that read, "terms and conditions". I also found the necklace to be very nice. It was a gift for my sister and she loved it. I look forward to continuing the monthly subscription.