Complaint Review: http://www.tropicokennels.com/

• Submitted: Sun, November 18, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Jess**** — San Diego California United States of America
wont disclose L.A, California United States of America

tropicokennels.com Southern California Kennels Don't give them the deposit L.A, California

*Consumer Comment: Tropico Kennels - totally legit

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I wanted to ad something- from Lisa the owner of the company!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: My Rebuttal from the business owner.

*Author of original report: Burying the Hatchet Despite being Facebook Stalked by a Breeder

In attempt to put a deposit on a puppy from this "breeder" she was going to call me today, instead I was told after a day of email and desire to secure our pup, she insisted how much interest there was on the pup I was trying to put a deposit on (assuming to drive up the price) when I asked whydidnt she contact me, the reply was that she had no phone service and her phone had died but then she said how she had sold a bunch of puppies today (what a con) when I finally called this "breeder' out on the situation here was her email response tell me this is someone you want to invest 2 grand with, "try my husbands cell (i'll delete the #) let me see if his works, but call me after Dexter is over, so in 1 hour and like 5 minutes just to be sure"...(i.e.dont call during Dexter to try and spend 2 grand) that is who this "breeder" is

And yes I will put MY name it, lets see if southerncaliforniakennels@gmail.com will

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2012 11:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/httpwwwtropicokennelscom/LA-California-/tropicokennelscom-Southern-California-Kennels-Dont-give-them-the-deposit-LA-Californi-971170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on http://www.tropicokennels.com/

Tropico Kennels - totally legit

AUTHOR: StacVet - (United States of America)

I am very saddened to read the report that Tropico Kennels was anything other than a legitimate and caring breeder. I had been in communication with Lisa for several months...trying to find the perfect addition to our family. When we originally started communication, my family's 13 year old lab was still alive. But through a series of heartbreaking circumstances...our beloved angel passed away. My two young children, my husband and I were devastated. A month later,I revisited Tropico Kennel's website and when I saw the picture of the puppy that would soon become the most spoiled member of our once broken hearted family....I knew...he was meant to be with us. I contacted Lisa again and through a series of dialogues...we arranged not only the pick up date/location/time...but I also, without hesitation submit my deposit through their website. (Their website is extremely informative...more than most other breeders I have seen.). I never at any time in my frequent communications with Lisa ever felt like she was anything but honest. She sold the puppy to me for far less than she had sold the others in the litter...and less than the individual who has filed the complaint. I know she and her family truly love these dogs and care about the families they go to. I'm sorry that this other individual did not get him to give as a gift but perhaps it was not meant to be. If you are worried about where he went...I can assure you he is loved and doted on every minute of the day. Please don't be angry with Tropico Kennels, as I honestly believe they are good people who are responsible breeders.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I wanted to ad something- from Lisa the owner of the company!

AUTHOR: Lisa - (United States of America)

I forgot to address your comment about it being a "con" of some sort when I told you, that I had sold puppies that day. I had email access on and off and you knew that, because we were communicating via email. People had sent me deposits for puppies, I don't understand how you would think that was a con. I knew people had sent me deposits, because PayPal notifies me by email when they do. I sell puppies all the time, so why would that come as a surprise to you? I was receiving a ton of enquiries about the puppy you were interested in, because there was only him and I think maybe his sister, at that time that was old enough to be released. But I didn't tell you that to DRIVE UP the price!!! Never once did I ask you for more money, in fact I could have told you to make a deposit and you would have, but instead I said you should talk to me first and it was only, because timing needed to be discussed as I already mentioned in my previous rebuttal. I was looking out for your best interest instead of my own, looking out for my best interest would have been telling you to make the deposit. It would have been non refundable, so even if the timing was bad for you, you would have been locked in. So you're actually mad at me, because I DIDN'T tell you to make a deposit and instead I told you that before you make a deposit, that we should talk first, so how does that even make sense??? A normal person would appreciate that!!! I sold the puppy to someone else for $500 less than what you were going to pay me, so obviously driving up the price had nothing to do with it and yes I did send you an email - should I copy it here for you, all it said was how hurtful and mean you were and what did you do, you apologized, so you're pretty much a crazy person to after apologizing, to come on here and purposely slander my business trying to bring harm to me, doesn't that only go to show that everything I said about you was true, that you are a hurtful mean person. I'm on my IPad right now, but I'm going to come back when im on my normal computer and put all your contact info on here and copies of all our corresponding emails, so people can judge for themselves and I consider what you've done here to be slander/libel.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

My Rebuttal from the business owner.

AUTHOR: Lisa - (United States of America)

It's amazing how someone can be so unappreciative and hurtful! What your saying is that you want a breeder, that just takes your deposit to lock you in, instead of a breeder like me, that was only thinking of your best interest! First of all I was on vacation, I was out of state and had limited phone and email access. I gave you my cell number, which wasn't working, because Verizon is roaming where I was and so I even gave you my husbands cell phone number. You asked to speak to me via phone and even though I was on vacation (on my web site it even said I was on vacation and would answer puppy enquiries when I returned home), I still gave you mine and my husbands private cell phone numbers anyway. I did ask that you call me when Dexter was over, because if I was to talk on the phone when my family and the other family we were on VACATION with, was watching their favorite show, it would have been rude of me! You said you wanted to make a deposit, so then why didn't you, no one stopped you! I only said it would be "best" if we spoke first (but I never told you that you couldn't), because it didn't seem like timing wise it was going to work out for when you wanted to come pick up the puppy. You wanted the puppy for your wife's birthday or maybe it was your anniversary, either way you had a specific time frame you wanted to give the puppy as a gift and I wasn't going to be home the weekend you wanted to come over. We even went over the dates via email, but it did't seem like you understood. I could have sealed the deal by asking you to make a non refundable deposit and not worry if the pick up day worked for you or not, but instead I was only trying to make sure it was going to work out for you, because it was going to be a gift. I have no idea where you got your crazy idea about me wanting to raise the price being my motive for not telling you to make a deposit, that's insane! I can prove it's insane, because I actually sold the puppy to someone for $500 less than you were going to pay for him! You were going to pay $2000 and I sold him for $1500. Why you ask, we'll because this lady really wanted him and she had contacted me several times in the past and I really liked her, plus she had just lost her dog and she couldn't afford $2000! You don't believe me ask her yourself, her name is Stacie Vetica, you can find her on the Tropico Facebook page and she also has her own web site, because she sells Vemma, so just Google her name along with "Vemma" and I'm sure you'll find her! Your a real jerk for coming on here and slandering me, when I did nothing to you, but try to make sure I didn't ruin your gift, and especially after apologizing to me via email and if anyone that reads this is equally as hurtful as you, then I do NOT want their business! I have the email from you where you apologized to me, would you like me to copy it here for you, did you forget that you apologized? And as for Facebook stocking you, please....really, your the one who went on my personal Facebook page and commented on it. I knew it was you and is the only reason I sent you the link to your FB page, because I wanted you to know I knew it was you. I didn't write anything on your FB page, like how you did on mine, so who's the stalker! The fact that you came on here with the purpose of trying to negatively affect my business and that you claimed that raising the price was my reason for not telling you to make a deposit is slander and libel. You should make sure that your accusations are the truth before you try to hurt someone's business on a public forum. Do not "assume" something and then go slander someone's business over an assumption.

Burying the Hatchet Despite being Facebook Stalked by a Breeder

AUTHOR: JJJ - (USA)

My email to this breeder informed her I would not be continuing with our transaction because I didn't appreciate her lack of professionalism in her emails and her inability to contact me. I understand she is on a family vacation, however, I didn't understand how she could contact other clients and sell puppies to them but not contact me and tell me how much interest she had on the particular puppy I was interested in despite 4 emails from me saying I wanted to put a deposit down.  In response to the one sentence email I sent using the word unprofessional she has sent me lengthy emails attacking me personally and has facebook stalked me.  Somehow my use of the word unprofessional doesn't seem so outlandish. Either way I am done with the situation, I wish her the best of luck with her business, and hope she takes this as an experience of how not to act with a client and how to be a more effective communicator with people she is asking to spend thousands of dollars.

optimal