Complaint Review: hughesnet satillite internet service

• Submitted: Tue, February 14, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 14, 2012

• Reported By: cindy — mt. vernon Illinois United States of America
hughesnet satillite internet service
11717 exploration lane germantown, Maryland United States of America

hughesnet satillite internet service gave me wrong information about my bill/service germantown, Maryland

I called hughesnet to cancel my service in 11-2011, I asked the customer service rep to end my service as of my "paid through" date because I didnt want the hassle of getting a refund.  I asked the rep what I was already paid through and she said I was paid up until Dec. 21, 2011 and so I told her to cut off my service as of that date.  She stated my bill was paid 1 month in advance.  Since that point the service got cut off early, I called back and asked why and the rep (a young man) stated it was automatic but he would reinstate my service until my paid through date of Dec. 21st.  I got a bill in Jan. for 2 months service and a non returned equipment fee and I called and after a long conversation told them I would be happy to return the equipment, no one had mentioned that before, if they would tell me where to send it, and they said they would send a box to ship it back to them, I also explained I should not owe a bill because I made it very clear I wanted my service cut off at my paid through date.  We received several calls about the bill, which my husband and myself explained the same thing, then in Feb 2012 hughes net sent us to collections for unreturned equipment and 2 months service.  I called again and explained someone said they sending us a box to ship it back but it has not arrived yet.  I argued that I had cancelled my service at the point I would not owe hughes net or they would not owe me and the rep kept arguing I used the service through dec. and must pay for the service I used.  My point to him was I asked for the service to be cut off at the paid up date, I didnt pick the date in dec. I was told by hughesnet that I had already paid for the service through dec.  I wouldve cut off the service as of the day I called in Nov had I known I was not already paid up through dec., hughes net gave me the date I was paid through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hughesnet-satillite-internet-service/germantown-Maryland-20876/hughesnet-satillite-internet-service-gave-me-wrong-information-about-my-billservice-ger-839032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hughesnet satillite internet service