Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Updated: Sun, December 08, 2013

• Reported By: mrsd712 — Dandridge Tennessee
HughesNet
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland USA

HughesNet Not providing service as advertised - terrible internet Germantown Maryland

Upon seeing the advertisements and speaking with the Hughesnet install department, they assured us that their internet service is great for surfing the web, and social media sites, and streaming videos, games etc.

Their service can not support interactive media sites such as Facebook and will not load the pages properly or even upload a picture at times.

We have had continual problems since it was installed, have spent countless hours on the phone with tech support to no avail. They finally agreed to send a new modem and now the problem is wose than ever.

I am calling to have the service uninstalled and if I get charged the termination fee for breaking my contract I will sue them and take them to court as they are the ones in default of thier contract.

This is the worst internet service out there and nothing they do and not amount of reseting the signal works.

They insisted that it was my computer, so we went out and bought a NEW $600 computer... then they said it was the Router...well NO not buying a new router as all web sites say that a Cisco is compatible.

After months of complaining and giving me a 1 mo free upgrade to the highest service plan, it got better, then once my free month was up and I want back to my regular plan $59/mo it got worse that ever. They refuse to send out a technician to check the dish or terminal without charging us and say that it is testing fine on their end.

Carol

Dandridge,Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2013 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/Germantown-Maryland-20876/HughesNet-Not-providing-service-as-advertised-terrible-internet-Germantown-Maryland-1105303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet