Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Reported By: Hazel — Gainesville Virginia
HughesNet
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS HNS 11717 EXPLORATION LANE GERMANTOWN, Maryland USA

HughesNet RUNAROUND THE MOUNTAIN HERE THEY COME GERMANTOWN Maryland

Hello. My whole experience with a HughesNet has been HORRIBLE almost right from the start. One of their contractors sold us a good game of talk on the phone when my husband and I were deciding on using their Internet services for our home. What suckers we were!! We found out that HughesNet likes to hide information from their customers as they try to sell their products. Their sales contractors do not explain terms and conditions and extra charges to their customers when making their initial sales. We were charged $100 extra for our equipment over the price we were quoted. When I demanded to know why, one of their reps have me some bogus explanation. HughesNet automatic debits your card without telling you up front they're doing this in the beginning. I caught them on this particular issue with my debit card. I told them NO and that I NEVER AUTHORIZED THIS. I wanted paper billing. They will not refund you your money a timely manner if you cancel. I was told I has to wait 45 days for a refund!!! I was furious! There is nothing in their legal section saying what time frame you can expect a refund. It always states if their equipment is returned within 45 days, you can get a refund. Nothing SPECIFICALLY STATES THAT IT TAKES 45 ACTUAL DAYS TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Absolutely unacceptable to me. Also, I'm only getting half the money I put into HughesNet. I only had their services for approximately 10 to 12 days! I paid everything up front and ON TIME. But unfortunately, I get only half. HughesNet SUCKS. RUN RUN RUN PEOPLE. DO NOT USE HUGHESNET EVER!!!! Please do your research up front with internet service providers. It will save you so much hassle and you won't be like me, writing a RIPOFF REPORT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2014 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/GERMANTOWN-Maryland-20876/HughesNet-RUNAROUND-THE-MOUNTAIN-HERE-THEY-COME-GERMANTOWN-Maryland-1146758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet