Complaint Review: hughesnet

• Updated: Wed, May 08, 2013

• Reported By: mcc — Marcus Washington
Internet USA

hughesnet Be Very Careful Internet

I signed up for the 4G package. I have no phone service, cable, 4g, 3g etc. No choices if I wanted internet. It is very expensive but if one has no choice one pays. My Free installation cost $300. There are milage charges, pole installation, etc. Once enrolled you have 24 months of payments. I was told I can buy my way out for $400..... that number seem to change according to whom you speak.

Voip is horrible. I use it all the time for customer support and they say it is horrible. Skype works a bit but Google voice is very bad. Use with VPN is extremely slow.  Any other method you can use to get on the internet would be better. Netflix works OK but the cost surprising. I have the 10G package which is not enough if one wants Netflix, Hulu etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2013 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hughesnet/internet/hughesnet-Be-Very-Careful-Internet-1049320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hughesnet