Complaint Review: hughesnet

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: ramon — west danville Vermont United States of America
hughesnet

hughesnet customer service does not exist unless willing to spend HOURS on hold Internet

when they started new product my existing service slowed down almost to former dial up speed and I suddenly began having the service shut down when using it. They sent message that they could not process my c card for a payment-the implication was that my credit was bad-they locked up my service-it took 1/2 day to get it back up.  They did not submit correct number--it is ONLY card I have. No other vendors seemed to have a problem with it during the same time period-it was their problem-not my card.  They continued to freeze my screen off and on for a period of 2+ weeks-to try to call them was damned near impossible-we would be put on hold forever-over 20 minutes when we would hang up in disgust!  When we did finally get a REAL LIVE PERSON, they usually did not speak a version of English that we could understand--try off-shore!!
I solved the problem after 3 weeks of miserable service by going with a different provider.
I was told that DISH had bought out hughesnet and would now be providing the service-I have had no problems with them--ever.
I hope that DISH exec's FIRE all of the hughesnet people who designed this blatant RIP OFF SCHEME-i.e. to give s***** service in attempt to sell their 'new-more expensive service.
I now have 10x the speed and can 'surf' all day for hardly any usage: whereas with the hughes net I had to be careful how much time I spent or I would exceed my 'daily limit'.
IF you are considering hughesnet for sattelite internet, I would suggest a smoky fire and a blanket--it will be quicker and much cheaper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hughesnet/internet/hughesnet-customer-service-does-not-exist-unless-willing-to-spend-HOURS-on-hold-Internet-1012765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hughesnet