Complaint Review: hughesnet

• Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: karen — poplar bluff Missouri
hughesnet
Internet USA

hughesnet took more then approved from my account , to different billing cycles and wont put it back into my account and wont let me cancel with out breaking my contract without chargeing 300.00 to 400.00 dollars .  Internet

I am a new hughesnet customer and set up auto payand our agreement wasthe special $39.99 a month for three months and another $ 10.00 a month for rental of the box. yet they took it upon there selfs to take $63.99 in march was my first bill , which ofcourse is not $39.99 and then this month took $89.99 I didnt catch last months mistake til today . I got out last months bank statement only because they promised 1 to 7 days they would put the money they over took back in my account. so when they did,nt I thought to see ifthey took more then agreed . and low and behold they did. I want to cancel may service yet they state repeated I signed a two year contract. I stated yes I did but you breeched the contract by not taking out the agreed amount. they dont dispute they made a mistake and agreed to put the amount back . but every time I call asking why isit not back in my account iget more excuses. So today I contacted my bank and stopped the auto pay...  If any help is availible to get out from under this contract illegally Id appreciate it.  If I breeched the contract they would be right on it. yet they do and after rearching every complaint about hughes net from other customers and seeing they where not justified. I am concerned I to may be just screwed. My main concern is I,ve worked hard to build my credit and worried they can ruin it quickly. I feel I have the right to cancel by there actions . But not sure of mo. laws in my rights to cancel this contract . Please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2013 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hughesnet/internet/hughesnet-took-more-then-approved-from-my-account-to-different-billing-cycles-and-wont-1047362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hughesnet