Complaint Review: Humana Insurance

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: lins — Pompano Beach Florida
Humana Insurance
Atlanta, Georgia USA

Humana Insurance Billing Charges - Fee Charged To Send Bill Which Was Already Paid Atlanta Georgia

Humana Insurance changed their billing cycle to monthly rather than bi-annually in August or September, 2013. I paid my bill in full in July, 2013 before they changed their billing cycle. Included in my July bill was an "Administrative" fee of $10 and an "Association" fee of $23.70. Thereafter I received a bill in September showing a credit for the amount I paid in July and charging another $10 "Administrative" fee and an"Association" fee of $3.95. I received a bill in October with these fees again. Humana is effectively charging me a fee of $13.95 per month to send me a bill which I have already paid in full. When I contacted Humana about these outrageous charges and spoke to a supervisor I was told that there was nothing they could do about these charges and the only way to avoid them in the future was to set up an automatic payment through my checking account or credit card.  I would never do this since this would give them access to charge my account anything they want.

These ridiculous fees are probsbly not even noticed by most people, especially if they thought they already paid their bill in full.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Humana-Insurance/Atlanta-Georgia-30374/Humana-Insurance-Billing-Charges-Fee-Charged-To-Send-Bill-Which-Was-Already-Paid-Atlant-1090044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Humana Insurance