Complaint Review: Hunter Warfield

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 21, 2010

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Hunter Warfield
3111 W. MLKjr. Blvd,suite 200 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Hunter Warfield 3rd Pary disclouser talk about violation Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: In respect to Joe's Comment

*Consumer Comment: Look at Your Actions FIRST

*Consumer Comment: Thank you, Steve

*UPDATE Employee: Policy.

I broke a lease and it was in my name but a ex friend of mine I added as occupant well when i broke that lease of course i went to collections not a problem well that ex friend of mine tried to move in same apts and of course it affected her getting the place so they tell her once payment is made then we can move you in well they give her the name of collection agency she calls gets all info on account then calls me threating me and telling me to pay so i then call Hunter Warfield and the guy is so rude to me tells me u keep calling here and u have to pay balance and on and on would not listen evadentley the exfriend called talking crap i tried to explain what was going on and that i had never called the office you spoke with someone eles i got hung up on yelled at my thing is how in the world do you not verify who your speaking with and giving out all of someones info thats wrong but being the person i am i kept trying to get it resolved i called requested a manager a guy gets on the line tells me oh im sorry about that i can offer you a settlement for this amount and fax this and we can do this mind you this guy verified last of ss number and mailing address so i sd ok deal we came up with settlement 45 min later i get call saying oh i did not read the notes on your account you were rude and this and that and i cant offer you the settelent and hung up befor i could sayanything then i was shocked iget online try to research company got the name of director called asked to speak refused to put him on the line it was a mess mind you still getting harrassing calls form exfriend i wanted this behind me he refused a settlement when i know i could have gotten settelment anyway i went online paid my bill in full but the point is customer service and third party disclourse how rude what kind of company is this they violated the fdcpa and not only that me and my privacy

Ctrotter
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hunter-Warfield/Tampa-Florida-33607/Hunter-Warfield-3rd-Pary-disclouser-talk-about-violation-Tampa-Florida-315101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hunter Warfield

In respect to Joe's Comment

AUTHOR: Jenna - (United States of America)

Joe-

I am a person that can agree to disagree with your statement about HW. I did indeed break a lease at my apartment complex. When I was contacted by them, I did not give them any lip; however, I did let them know that one of the reasons why I broke the lease was because I was no longer able to afford the apartment. I knew in advance that I was going to be taking a significant hit involing my salary, and just to avoid problems with having to go to court, and being evicted; I asked to be let out of my lease. I only had three month left, but that was $3200.00 that I knew I did not have.

I am a single mom, I support myself, I go to school, and I am not on welfare, nor do I have any intention to take advantage of the system. Bottom line money is tight, and it is only fair that I let my leasing office know what was going on. I lived there for three years with no problem. I always had a credit balance on my account, and I was a very clean person. You can't tell me I was some kind of dead beat after 3 years, I was trying to do the right thing, and it backfired.

When I was contacted by HW, of course I was mad. I let the rep Brenda know that money was very tight, but I would be filing my income taxes soon. I told her to give me at least two weeks so I can have the money deposited into my checking account. The women I was working with was very nice, and when I called her in two weeks to follow up, I let her know I received my income tax. I also had lost my job the same day. I told her that I did not feel comfortable giving her everylast dollar in my pocket, because I have no idea when the un-employment would kick in, and I have to by diapers, food, gas, utilities, etc.; for the next couple of weeks. She said she understood, and she could work out a payment plan of $250 down, and payments of $200 a month for 18 months. I said that sounds more than reasonable. As I was ready to provide her with my debit information, she said that her "manager" had flagged my account, and she placed me on hold. She came back on the line, and said her " manager" needed to speak with me. When he got on the phone he said that he was not going to approve my payment plan. I asked why, he said didn't you tell my representative that you recieved your income tax. I said yes, and then he began to attack me, and tell me that do I know what kind of business they run, and that they are an assest management company, and they know what I have. He also stated that he knew I had money, and in so many words I better fork it over, or he will be forced to consider litigation.  I told him very nicely that I just lost my job, and I wanted to make this right, but I couldn't give him every last cent I had I owed almost $2500.00.  I kept telling him that hey I can make payments and that is no problem, but he rebutted and told me that in order for his client to get what they paid for I would need to put $700 down, before approving a payment plan.

We kepted going back and forth, until he broke me down to tears. I was pleading with him, and I even offered to send him a copy of my checking statement dated with today's date, even proving that I did not have that kind of money lying around, but he kept on insisting that he knew I had assests. I kept thinking to myself what on earth is he talking about. I have a car, but it's financed, I had a house and it is foreclosed on, and I am currently renting. I don't own anything!!! As I was sitting on the phone crying, and I asked him if he had kids, and if he was in my sitution would he just take the food out of his child's mouth for a collection company. Basicly, his response was rude, and in so many words he was letting me know he didn't give a "you know what". I eventually I just gave him the info, because I just wanted it over. He took $700 from me. I had $400 to my name for 2 weeks, and that's if I received my last payroll, or even if the unemployment kicked in.

Bottom line is, right after I got of the phone with this "manager", I just realized he used a boiler room tactic on me to get more money in order for him to receive a higher commission. Not, everyone that deals with collection agencies like myself is rude and beligerent when working with the reps, but somehow they found a way to break me down on a day that already was bad enough. Don't just assume Joe, that the consumer, or debtor is he wrong causing the problems, because in my case that was not the situation at all.

Look at Your Actions FIRST

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Look, I know alot of people here including myself might not be "fond" of collection agencies but there are some out there who you can't take lightly. Hunter Warfield deals with apartment and funeral home debt as well as commercial businesses. They are legally hired by the very same companies you did business with (I.E.: Apartment complexes you lived in, funeral home etc) and they DON'T buy the debt for pennies on the dollar like all of you might think.

They are hired to do what their clients tell them to do and that means resolving the debt their clients way NOT yours (ie.: mailing in $25 a month).  This is why majority of the time the apartment complex will send you back to Hunter Warfield to resolve the matter.

Word of advice: DON'T START OUT WITH AN ATTITUDE. MOST OF YOU DO BECAUSE YOU HATE BEING CALLED ABOUT A BILL YOU KNOW YOU LEGALLY OWE.

Alot of you complain about this company and make accusations of rudeness and other claims but the truth is 9 times out of 10 it's the consumer (debtor) who is the cause of the problems like rudeness, yelling, screaming or cursing. EVERYTHING is recorded and monitored there which the reps tell you upfront. It's called the "Mini Miranda". I guarantee you if I had the chance to listen to some of your calls it would reveal the truth that YOU are the cause for the problems of resolving the debt most of the time. Any rep who curses at you would be fired on the spot. When you leave an apartment many times people don't get receipts or the correct documents to make sure they don't owe anything upon vacating the apt. I didn't which made me mad at MYSELF not them.

If you filed bankruptcy or have an attorney which most people claim but don't have then it is your LEGAL obligation to give that collector who called you that information to verify it otherwise they DO have the legal right to keep calling you unless you send them a cease and desist letter. Unfortunately most people just say that have an attorney or filed bankruptcy and hang up without providing the information which AGAIN you are legally required to do.

Also, by the way just because you have an attorney or dispute the bill doesn't mean it will stop everything from reporting to your credit report or recommending legal action taken against you.

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO CALL YOU AT WORK UNLESS YOU SPECIFIED THAT REQUEST TO THE COLLECTOR WHO CALLED YOU.

This type of debt is NOT like a credit card where it gets sold off to different agencies. The burden of proof falls on the person that owes it and if not it is your legal responsiblity to prove it's not owed. Always check the contract or lease that YOU signed. The debt stays at Hunter Warfield until it gets paid either voluntarily by you or involuntarily (i.e.: lawsuit, judgement, garnishment etc). You won't be able to rent another place or buy anything with credit unless this property debt is resolved. Remember there are two sides to every story and all we are hearing is one side until now.

I have been inside the offices of HW to pay a bill and it's a classy place. You would never think it's a collection agency and believe me I have seen some hole in the wall collection places. I use to work for a couple of them. HW looks more like a law office.

My suggestion is to do your research, work out the issue with the company and move on. STOP whining because like I stated before most of the time it's the debtor (YOU) who makes the problem.

FOR THE RECORD: YOU ARE NOT A CUSTOMER. YOU OWE A DEBT.

Customer service is for companies like AT&T, Banks etc who offer products or services they want to sell you in which you are currently doing business with. This is a collection agency who collects a debt that has to be paid by YOU.

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Steve,

I have a pal down in Bradenton whom I plan on visiting in the fall.

I owe you a drink for that last post.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Do you realize you just created 12 long lines of text with absolutely no punctuation or capitalization? You should not write like you talk. This is NOT a chatroom, it is a PERMANENT record of your conversation.

Organize your thoughts instead of rambling.

Use punctuation and capitalization and at least form sentences if not paragraphs.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Policy.

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

First of all i apologize if you were treated in a rude manner. That really isn't condoned in any business. As far as fdcpa, if your friend called in and claimed to be you we have no controll over that. It is not a policy or requirement to verify the information. I have no idea why the person would've called you back to void your settlement. That is something I've never heard of. technically they can do it but I know of no one hat would be that hateful to do so. Atleast its paid now and you'll hopefully never have to deal with it again. good luck

mixture